Chapter 17

There is a video and picture to go with this. Don't watch or look until you have finished the chapter otherwise it'll spoil stuff.

--------------

Amy flipped a page in her book as the front door opened. Casper barked once. She heard Mycroft give a quiet greeting to Mrs. Thompson and then come into the room. She lowered her book and smiled a greeting to him. He fell onto the bed, sighing into the mattress.

Amy chuckled and raised her book. "Bad day?"

He didn't reply but she felt the bed dip further as he crawled up to lay beside her. Folding a corner of the page down, she closed her book and set it to the side. Taking her now free hands as permission, he rested his head on her chest and sighed again. Wrapping her arms around him, she gently ran her fingers through his hair and waited for him to speak. When nearly ten minutes passed and he still had said nothing, she frowned and made to shift in order to see his face.

A soft snore met her ears before she moved. Amy couldn't help the grin that rose to her lips. She relaxed and closed her eyes, deciding to take a nap as well.

When she woke, Mycroft was laying beside her. She turned groggily to look at him. He stared at her, his expression drawn tightly as he came out of his thoughts. Brushing his cheek with the backs of her fingers, Amy frowned.

"What's wrong?"

He met her eyes. "Lane is dead."

Amy blinked and then pushed herself up on one elbow. "What happened?"

"Fell down a flight of stairs while trying to get away from his guard." He closed his eyes.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Just tired. How was your day with Jordan?"

She curled a finger in the lock of his hair that fell over his forehead. "Wonderful." She said quietly. He opened his eyes and smiled at her.

"I'm fine, really. I just need a day off."

"So take one."

He shook his head. "So soon after returning and so close to the wedding? No, I can't."

Amy's brows furrowed. "It's been two months. Take a day off."

He shook his head and wrapped his arms around her. "Can't. Tell me about your day." She sighed as he rested his forehead on her breasts again.

"I picked out a dress."

"Oh?" He perked up, raising his head to look at her. "When can I see it?"

She smiled. "On our wedding day. No peeking. Jordan and Anthea have been sworn to secrecy, as has my sister."

"Damn." He laid his head back down. "You're so unfair."

She laughed. "You'll live."

"Is it white?" His voice was muffled against her breasts.

"Possibly." He squeezed his arms tighter, silently pleading though she couldn't see his face. "Not telling you anything. Where are we going for our honeymoon?"

"I'm not telling."

"Oh you're going to hold out because I won't let you see the dress?"

"Yes." She felt him smile against her.

She flicked his cheek. "Jerk."

"Tell me one thing about the dress and I'll tell you one thing about the honeymoon."

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "It's white."

"It's in Italy."

She gasped. "Really?!" He nodded. She grinned and kissed the top of his head. He chuckled.