Epilogue

"Uncle Myc! Uncle Myc!"

Mycroft sighed and smiled indulgently as his five year old niece jumped into the air. He caught her and hoisted her onto his back. She giggled and wrapped her tiny arms around his neck, her curly black hair tickling his cheek.

"Daddy made me a pirate, see?" She grinned and showed him her eyepatch and foil hook. He chuckled.

"So I see." He swung her around and held her by the waist, letting her hang upside down. "Well Captain Holmes, it seems I have you trapped."

She giggled and squealed. "I'll never surrender!" He swung her back up and walked into the ever messy flat of 221B. Sherlock sat at the table in the kitchen, staring at crime scene photos. Mycroft let her run to her father's side. She leaned up on her toes to try and see over the table. Sherlock ignored her for a minute before suddenly sweeping her up into his arms. She squealed and giggled before settling down quietly in his arms and staring at the pictures.

"Cool." She whispered.

Sherlock smiled and nuzzled into his daughter's hair. "Your mother will be furious."

She turned and pressed her tiny hand to his mouth, her dark skin a striking contrast against her father's. "I won't tell if you don't."

He kissed her palm. "Deal."

They both looked at Mycroft. He chuckled and zipped his lips. They looked back to the photos, satisfied and dismissing him in favor of the much more interesting crimes.

Robin Evalina Holmes, named so for her bright blue eyes that were a mixture of her father's and uncle's, had artlessly managed to win the adoration of both men. Though they tried to have some dignity about it, at least around others.

Amy came upstairs from Mrs. Hudson's flat. She'd stayed all day, babysitting Sherlock and Robin while Jordan was out of town for work. She grinned, delighted to see Mycroft there to take her home. "Alright, Robby, I'm leaving."

"No!" Robin jumped down and threw her arms around Amy's legs. "Stay another night." She pleaded, giving her a wide eyed stare that always seemed to get her what she wanted from her father and Uncle John. It took a smile to get Uncle Mycroft to do anything.

Amy hugged Robin tightly. "Mummy's coming home tonight so I have to go. I'll see you later though."

"Okay." Robin sulked her way to her father's side. "Bye Uncle Myc. Bye Aunty Amy."

Mycroft took Amy's bag. "Come on. Before she convinces you to stay."

Amy was quiet on the way home, lost in her thoughts. Opening the front door, she glanced over her shoulder. "I'll put the food in the oven, shouldn't be long."

He nodded, focused on an emailed update from Anthea. Heading upstairs, he sat on the edge of the bed, reading quickly.

Ten minutes later, Amy came upstairs and sat beside him, murmuring that dinner would be ready in a half hour. He ignored her, biting back a smile as she stared at him expectantly. His lip twitched as she poked his side. Sighing, he slipped his phone away and looked at her. "Yes?"

She took his hand and turned his platinum ring around his finger. "I want something but if you don't it's okay."

He nodded and waited. She leaned up to kiss him gently. "I want to have a baby." She said softly.

He blinked at her. "Amy... I'm forty-eight. Isn't that a bit old to be having children?"

"Is that a no or the half-hearted objection it sounds like? You're evidently not too old to try as you so enthusiastically demonstrated this morning."

He chuckled and tugged her to stand between his knees. "After five years of Robin, I can't say I'm averse to the idea of children."

She grinned and settled her knees on either side of his hips, sitting back on his legs. "Is that a yes?"

He leaned up to kiss her. "Darling, don't you know by now that I can't refuse you anything?"

"That's rather what I was counting on." She mumbled against his lips.

"Then it's a yes."

------------------------

So! That's the end. I absolutely loved writing this story. Thank you all for reading, voting, and commenting! I love you!

Notice of other Mycroft stories:
The Puppeteers
A Matter of the Heart (in progress)
Possible sequel for TPH (in planning stage)

In the meantime, for those of you searching for great Mycroft fics: Rector on Archive of Our Own is absolutely beautiful! She has two series that never cease to amaze me. One of them, I will warn, is omegaverse but even for people who aren't into that (myself included) it's still absolutely worth the read.