Chapter IX: Kidnapped by the Usurper King and a Surprising Guest

Midna, Agitha, Lana, and Naomi lead their troops deeper into the Twilight. The sky is almost completely dark with just a bit of orange light lining the horizon. The black Twilight squares spin upward in the air, letting everyone know they are still in the realm of darkness. The four walk up to a dark colored castle, seeing many towers soar up and disappear in the dark sky.

"We'll make this our base. This way we aren't too close to the castle, but not too far away either." Naomi puts her scimitars down and starts twisting her fingers in her hair, putting it up in its usual french braid. She notices a sort of glow coming from the castle and her heart beats faster. She finishes the braid and turns to her comrades.

"Here's the map of the palace. We need to take the Keeps here." Midna points to two Keeps on the east side of the map. "The East Keep and the Upper East Keep."

"That'll break us into the castle." Naomi nods her head while she studies her own map. She was about to head in the direction Midna pointed out, but the insect princess cuts her off.

"I'll take those Keeps so you three can take over the West side of the grounds!" Lana and Naomi turn around in alarm, but only find a confused looking Midna.

"She ran to the East Keeps," Midna says as she rolls her eyes.

"Agitha is just a kid. Her decisions may be rash at times." Naomi sighs and turns to Lana. "Stay here and protect the base. If Agitha calls for help, she is your main priority."

Lana nods with a grin and heads off to tell the soldiers of the plan. Naomi then turns to Midna. "You think you can take the Central Keep?"

"Of course I can! When I'm done I'll even take the West Keep for ya." Midna summons a twilight wolf to ride on and heads off to the Central Keep. Naomi glances around, satisfied that her plan is working, and heads off to the corner of the field.

Once she reaches the South Keep, Naomi is greeted by two Fiery Aeralfoses. She takes the Keep with ease but freezes when she hears Agitha scream. "These meanies aren't going away! Someone, I need help!"

"I'm on it! Naomi, the base is under attack, but I need to help Agitha!" Lana yells as she runs to help the little girl.

"Don't worry, I'll protect it!" Naomi runs to the base to see about four ReDeads freezing and attacking the soldiers just outside the base. She quickly runs up to them and joins the soldiers, helping them take down the ReDeads.

After the last ReDead is defeated, Lana yells across the battlefield, "The Keeps have been taken, but the doors won't open!"

"Maybe we just have to ask nicely?" Agitha cutely tilts her head and Lana smiles. Naomi tries not to laugh at the little girl's innocent question.

"There has to be a way. The ReDeads are gone, so I'm coming to help!" Naomi exits the Allied Base and reaches the central courtyard. Right when she steps on the bridge to meet up with Agitha and Lana, she hears an ear-splitting scream coming from someone she's never met before.

"The time is nigh! Demolish the bridges!" Naomi's legs tremble as the floor crumbles beneath her. She falls forward, but catches herself with her hands.

"Ugh! What's Zant doing here? Is he guarding the Gate of Souls?!" Midna yells in frustration from her side of the field.

"Midna, you know this high-pitch-voiced man?" Naomi asks as she gets back up, dusting herself off. She starts running toward Lana and Agitha when she gets an answer from the Twili.

"Yeah. He stole the Twilight throne from me!" Midna captures the last Keep on her side.

Naomi runs past the East Keep and reaches the Upper East Keep where Lana and Agitha are. She examines the door, finding no way to break it down. Looking around, Naomi notices a red and gold treasure chest in the corner of the room. She opens it and finds what looks like the hookshot from the legends of old.