Chapter II: Hyrule

Everything aches so much as if you're body was trying to lift up a wall of stones, and this is your moment of rest. Ravio's mind keeps fading in and out of consciousness because of how tired all his muscles feel. Every time he opens his eyes, all he sees is darkness. Finally, not being able to take it anymore, he shakes his head and opens his eyes fully. His mask is obstructing his view, so he flips it over his head.

Looking at his surroundings, Ravio thinks he was just blown back to his home, Lorule. Yet, observing the terrain more, he realizes this can't be his home. The grass is way too green and the castle in the distance is more white than grey. No, he is still in Hyrule Field.

Ravio shakily gets to his feet. He almost falls backward onto the floor again, but he waves his arms around and comically regains his balance. He checks his belt to see if he has all of his things. Fire, tornado, ice, and sand rods, wooden hammer, bombs, boomerang, hookshot, bow and arrow even though he's not really good at using it... yep, everything is here.

"Ugh I knew I should have slept in this morning." Ravio rubs his eyes and starts walking when suddenly- BAM! Ravio trips over something and falls face first into the grass.

"Mmmmpppphhhh!" The thing that Ravio tripped over starts moving. Ravio yelps and jumps away from the thing. He turns around to look at it, and is relieved to see that it's only a girl. It's one of the Hyrule Warriors he met right before they were all knocked out.

"Oh my goddesses, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you." Ravio quickly rushes up to the girl and grabs her arm to help her stand up.

Peyton opens her grey eyes wearily and shakes her head to clear it. "H-how did you not see me? I'm wearing bright orange!"

Ravio jumps backward a bit at Peyton's tone. "S-sorry..."

"Ugh, n-no I should be the sorry one. I don't know why I got so angry." Peyton looks apologetically at Ravio before turning around and scanning their surroundings. "Where is everyone?"

"Not sure. I just woke up from that explosion." Ravio scratches his head and looks around like Peyton. Suddenly, he feels something appear in his pocket. "Huh?" Ravio pulls out a piece of paper and holds it open for him and Peyton to read. "It says: Defeat 1,000 enemies."

"What the-" Peyton rereads the letter in her head. "What is that supposed to mean?"

Right after Peyton asks her question, a loud ticking noise can be heard. Ravio and Peyton look up at the sky where the sound is coming from, and they see a large clock counting down. Ravio's mouth hangs open in shock. "Fifteen minutes? Do you think..."

"That's how long we have to defeat 1,000 enemies." Peyton quickly turns around just as a bunch of Stalfoses, Lizalfoses, Darknuts, and Poes appear all around the field. "Go now! We are wasting time!"

Ravio rushes up to the enemies right behind Peyton. He doesn't want to get lost in the army of monsters because he knows he would get overwhelmed. He stays close to the orange heroine as she grips her silver bow in hand and starts shooting at the Stalfoses. Ravio reluctantly takes out his hammer and starts whacking away. Even though he is not that used to battle, he knows he can't leave Peyton to fight alone.

Toon Link and Link wake up at the Temple of the Sacred Sword. They almost instantly find their letter, which Link opens and reads. "Stand alone against an army. That doesn't sound too good."

Both Links look up from the letter to see the battlefield fill up with Bublins, Arealfoses, and Stalmasters. Then Link hears a familiar voice. "Crush them, minions!"

"Lana?!" Link can't believe that he's hearing his friend's voice sound so menacing. "It can't be her!"

"Link, I think we should find her so we can see for ourselves." Toon Link suggests as the army of monsters rushes toward them.