Chapter Seven

"Are you going to let us all starve?!" Cried Thornfang, MarshClan's deputy.

"Let us share hunting grounds and territories, and we won't have to come with force!" Screeched Archstar, his flanks heaving dramatically as he stood up, back arched and teeth bared.

"You can't attack during a gathering!" Protested cats below, a small tom standing up and staring at Archstar sadly.

"Bah, StarClan agrees! The moon is out. Let's get out of here MarshClan." Archstar replied, stomping out of the hollow as his clan followed.

Hopestar had glared at Archstar, as well as some of the warriors. Her eyes moist as she hissed at a torn abyssinian tom.

Echostar shuffled her paws uneasily. "I... I guess the gathering is over..?" There was a hint of grief in her mew.

Juniperstar stood up, his bright ginger tabby fur dim.

"Cats of all Clans, I end this meeting short, due to MarshClan's unexpected disapproval."

He leaped down from the perch, landing on all four paws as the other leaders do the same. He and Echostar soon disappeared beneath the undergrowth, leaving all warriors wide eyed.

Soon all three clans followed their leaders, WaterClan the most anxious.

***********************************************************************************************

WaterClan bounded into the clearing, glad to be home after the treacherous gathering.

Hopestar sighed, padding up to her deputy once all others had entered their dens.

"Badgertail?" She mewed, entering the warriors den. "May I speak with you.. Alone?"

"Oh, sure," Replied Badgertail, standing up and swiftly following Hopestar into the clearing. Once they had felt snow beneath their paws, Badgertail said. "So, whats wrong?"

"I was thinking, I have to speak with StarClan. Maybe they will give me answers onto why MarshClan is acting so strangely, and why they're slowly fading away from the sky..." She sighed, looking at her deputy with grief stricken eyes.

"Well, I could always come with you," He suggested, his gaze flowing into hers like a calm riptide.

"Thank you." She mewled like a kit. "Shall I call a meeting?" As she spoke, she moved her eyes towards the dimming sky. It was almost moonhigh.

"No, we don't want cats worrying." He assured her, padding to her side. "Now lets go, we don't want anyone scared because we're gone."

Hopestar nodded, warily padding into the forest, Badgertail behind her as dusk began to climb its way over the land.