True love: Part 2

Part 2 to the True love one shot I posted

Killian's POV-
That night I was pacing back and forth in my bedroom holding the liquid the strange man at our door had given me that day. Emma was in Hope's room putting her to sleep so I had some time to figure out what to do.

The bottle had a note attached to it that I had read a million times already.

If you want to help Emma, drink this potion. It will help you remember who you are. When you remember, call this number.

On the back of the note was a cellphone number. I could not figure out what the bloody hell this man wanted and why he wanted me to drink the bloody thing. And was he really Emma's father?

I paced back and forth for a little while longer until I couldn't take it anymore. I walked upstairs into Hope's room to see my Emma rocking our daughter to sleep. She was singing a soft lullaby and was smiling softly down at her. I stood in the door way and smiled at my wife. How could anyone give her up?

"Hey!" Emma said snapping me out of my daze. "Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yes love I'm fine." I said reassuringly. She smiled at me as I walked over to her and bent down next where she was sitting in the rocking chair. I put my arm around her and used my other hand to gently touch Hopes blanket and rubbing her head. She smiled softly up at us and when I looked up Emma was smiling as well. What if the liquid was a poison? The man didn't seem very happy about me being with Emma, what if he wanted me out of the picture? What would happen to my family if I died? I couldn't leave Hope fatherless and Henry without a father again. And I definitely did not want to leave Emma abandoned again.

But what if the man was telling the truth? What if drinking the potion would would help Emma? But what does it mean "remember who you are"?

As soon as Hope was asleep, I went back to the bedroom while Emma went to say goodnight to Henry. I looked at the bottle laying on the bad and grabbed it in my hands.

I went into the bathroom and took the lid off the liquid. I poured a little bit of liquid into the lid. I was going to drink a little bit and if anything bad began to happen, I would stop and if I begin to "remember who I am," I would keep going.

I took a deep breath and brought the lid to my mouth and drank.

Suddenly, faint memories began to come back to me.

When I when your heart, Emma, and I will win it, it will not be because of any trickery. It will be because you want me.

I brought my hand to my head as my vision become foggy. Was that Emma? I quickly brought more of the liquid to my mouth and drank. I whole flood of memories quickly come back to me.

Most people know me by my more colorful moniker, Hook.

Wouldn't you like to know?
Perhaps I would.

I never thought I would be capable of letting go of my first love, to believe I could find someone else, that is until I met you.

There's not a day that will go by that I won't think of you.
Good.

I was Captain Hook. I was THE Captain Hook. How the hell was I here? I was cursed to go back to the Enchanted forest, what was I doing in New York with Emma...and a child?!