4.

After devouring a wholesome breakfast of pancakes with Nutella and banana, I rushed back upstairs to the room next to Alice's before Chelsea could get too rowdy.

"Hayden!" Chelsea cried as soon as I entered the rainbow coloured mess also know as her room.

"Hey Chels! Have you finished building that house for Puppy yet?" Despite her incredibly creative mind when it came to crafts, her talent for naming stuffed animals seemed to lack.

"Almost," her bright green eyes looked up at me from the floor where she sat surrounded but scraps of cardboard and paper, "I just need to decorate and paint it!"

As Chelsea went back to focusing solely on her work, Alice got up from her spot beside her daughter on the floor, a tired look in her eyes.

"Go find Trent. I'll watch Chelsea for you." I said in a hushed voice.

"Thank you, Hayd." A warm smile graced her lips as she left the room to find her mate.

"Alrighty Chels, you happen to be in luck. I am especially talented in the art of painting (not) so I hereby offer my skills to you and Puppy." I lightly bowed for emphasis.

The freckled brunette giggled as I took my place next to her on the floor and we got to work.

•••

4 hours

4 WHOLE HOURS OF CRAFTING WITH A FIVE YEAR OLD.

Why? I asked myself.

Because you're a sentimental idiot and you're trying to keep your mind off our mate, said Ben even though I wasn't really looking for an answer.

He knew though. Well obviously it was hard not too when we were practically the same person.

My thoughts took off as Chelsea asked me to repaint the stretch of cardboard I'd been working on for the 5th time.

I wonder when Jake will come back.

I was distracted from my train of thoughts when a built man burst through the door, my sister trailing in after him.

"Oh my gosh, Hayden, we are so sorry!" There was an apologetic look in his eye, "We went out for lunch and then time just got away from us."

"It's alright Trent, I could've called if I needed you guys. I don't mind." I answered with a small smile.

"Nonetheless," Alice interrupted, "I think both of you have had enough crafting for one day."

Chelsea whined as her mother dragged out of the room for some fresh air, leaving Trent and I together.

"Hey," Trent began while fiddling with his hands, "Ali told me about the Alpha's son from last night, and I know he had to go back to his pack urgently as well,"

Trent was one of the higher-ups in our pack. Not quite the second-in-command, but certainly close. He was kind of unofficially a part of the inner workings of White Star and it explained why he knew all of this.

"Are you ok?" he continued, "I know when I first found out Alice was my mate, I could hardly stay away for one minute."

I swallowed. I had been trying to avoid this subject all day, maybe not too successfully, but still trying.

"I'm ok." I pushed out.

I could feel Ben pacing in my head, the lack of our mate's presence was getting to him.

I swallowed again in the silence and Trent raised a brow.

"I don't believe you." Another gulp. "I can only imagine how hard it would be to stay away, especially during these first few weeks." He paused, "Just know that Alice and I are here for you ok? And the pack will always support you, no matter what you do, who you like, or where you go."

I knew what he was referring to. I hadn't come out to my friends yet. Family and my best friend knew but not the whole pack. There wasn't really any particular reason and I wasn't trying to hide it. It just hadn't really come up that much.

Until now, Ben said.

He was also trying to off-the-book tell me that it was ok if I wanted to go to the Red Moon pack to see him. That I could go to him if I wanted too.

Trent sighed. Realising I wasn't going to say anything in reply, he crossed the room to me and gave me a hug. He was practically a brother to me, he and Alice had found each other at the ripe age of 18. I was 15 at the time, and 8 years had passed since then.

He released me from the hug with a smile and turned to leave the room.

"Trent," I called quietly as he opened the door, "thank you."

He gave me a full blown smile before leaving me alone to my thoughts.

•••