Chapter 17: Late Night Conversation

Rose

You will never find a rose without thorns.

< >

I decided not to wander around Daejun as it's already past 10 in the evening when we finished practicing. I still have a lot of energy, you know?

I too am glad because I didn't get to see Daniel but a part of me wants to see him still. Damn me.

I never talked to Daniel ever since he left me alone on the night streets for his "injured" girlfriend. He must have been ashamed because he never ever ever called me or texted me. Because his girlfriend didn't have a car accident or either in the hospital. She just said it because she's jealous with the thought of him being with me.

Girl, I know Daniel before you do and more than you do.

I just can't get over the fact that I was chose over his girl. I mean yes, I know him longer than his girlfriend but he still dumped me, he didn't even think as to what might happen to me in that dark street alone.

Ugh I should blame myself too, I should never told him to go to his girl and leave me there. Of course he will take that suggestion but I was still hoping that he stays with me or even just drive me home before going to his girl.

Damn, I hate myself.

I sat down on the edge of the bed and throw my bag on the sofa, too lazy to even walk. I grabbed the remote control and turned on the tv. A smile automatically grow as it was us dancing to our new song that was filmed two weeks ago.

Glad to say that people recognized our efforts because our fandom is getting larger here in Korea. We also won more than 10 awards for this first album. I can't thank enough our blinks for their love for us, it's amazing.

I got back to watching the tv and my favorite drama is now on. After an hour or so, my phone began to ring.

"We don't talk anymore~ we don't talk anymore like we used to do~" my phone suddenly rang and it read "Jungkook". I immediately then answered it up.

"Rosie? You're still awake?" The first thing I heard on the line. I looked at the clock to see that it's already past twelve.

"Well of course cuz I picked it up. What's up?" I lay down on the bed and hugged the pillow next to me. I already washed myself on the studio so I could just lay and sleep once I come here.

"You sarcastic little woman. Are you with Lisa?" I sighed. Of course he's looking for Lisa. Can we just talk like other friends do?
"Nope. She went out. Wants to clear her head or something. She's always like that though. Whenever something happen, she will go alone anywhere to think things through"

I know Lisa. She wants to be alone everytime she feels down. It's like her "recharging" thing to do. She prefers being away from others, calming and solving things on her own. She never really open up something to us. She keeps it all to her self.

A sigh then was heard on the other end. He must be worried. I shouldn't have said that, right? Also, Lisa won't be glad if she knew that I'm talking about her to Jungkook. Damn Rosie, what are you thinking?

"Is it okay for her to be alone at this time?" He worriedly asked. He has a point. I shouldn't let her go alone especially at Daejun, we don't know anything at this place.

"I don't think so. She mentioned not to look for her. I'm sure she'll be okay" or that's what I want to think?

I'm too tired to think about her right now. If Jungkook wants to keep talking about her, I'll end the call now. You must be thinking that I'm a worthless friend but I'm just too tired right now. She's a grown up woman, she can do whatever she wants. Also I'm sick of people like him, I mean he's like Daniel. I'm just their second option.

"I need to go now. Bye" I am starting to press the end call button when I heard him yelling on the phone.

"Wait!! Don't go. I'm bored" yep, people will only look for me when they're bored.

"I'm tired" I lied. I just want to end this conversation. It's draining me down.

I move away the phone from me and made it in loudspeakers mode.

I can't sleep in button up pants and dress shirt since it's too uncomfortable. I then grabbed my pajamas on my other bag.

"I'll just stay here until you fell asleep. Just don't end the call" my eyes went wide. Is he fucking crazy?

His voice feels so lonely. Something must've happened. He might've just want some distractions to that.

Holy Rose, now you'll offer yourself as a distraction?

Of course I'll do just that. What can I do? I'm just a weak person.

"Wait for a second" I said as I changed my clothes in a rush way. He didn't speak at those times, I just heard him breathing and sometimes some screeching since he's probably moving duh.

I flopped on my stomach and grabbed the phone.

"Are you still there? Sorry for the wait" I muttered.

"Yeah. You're at your room?" He asked. I answered him yes. "Sorry for disturbing you. I just want to talk to someone right now" and that someone is none other than me.

I don't know if I would be glad that he wants to talk to me because I'm one of the first person he wants to talk to or not because he thinks that I'm someone who is easily accessible and he is only fixated on me because he is alone and have no one else.

Yet here I am, serving my purpose.

Damn my mind.

< >

Sorry for slow updates. I just don't have enough time. So this will be the 4th chapter that was published today since I don't know as to when will the next update be.

Btw. I just want to brag about something. I got accepted on an audition for a singing competition. Hope me good luck.

Also if you're from the Philippines. Pakinggan nyo yung "sa ngalan ng pag-ibig" by december avenue. Putang ina ang ganda. Support nyo.

Pati yung "bulong" at "eroplanong papel"