Chapter 28: You Make Me Smile

Taehyung

I feel at ease.

< >

I swear. I have no idea what to do now. My best cousin... Why? She's so young, she could've just wait longer until she dies at the right age, maybe decades more.

She was the only family that I rely to, literally. My parents, siblings and I are okay but I can't open up myself to them. But Taeyoon (His cousin), we're closer than ever. Maybe because I'm just days older than her. Or maybe because she doesn't have a family and we took care of her ever since she was 10. Maybe because we know each others hidden secrets. I don't know. Whatever it is, it doesn't matter because she is not here.

I still can't get over the fact that my best friend, Junho, commited suicide a month ago and now, Taeyoon also took her life. Is life just that easy for them? Can't they just fight more and endure it a bit longer?

I didn't notice that a tear slipped on my eyes for a hundredth times now. It feels like my heart's gonna burst any second now. The pain is just too deep. I feel so empty and before I could know it, sleepness consume me.

If only I could turn back time.

I sat up from the bed and looked at the door as I wipped my eyes and yawn. My eyes stung a bit due to crying all day long. I then noticed a shadow below it. I then searched at my phone and checked the time. It's already 10:35pm. Is that really her?

I sat up like a drunk and put on a shirt that's laying on the edge of the bed. I opened the door slowly as I can. Damn it, she's still here and asleep. Why?

I carefully opened the door so she won't be awake. I shouldn't be thinking this but this girl is drop dead gorgeous. She really looks like an angel.

I kneeled down and grabbed her shoulders for her not to fall down. How can she sleep on the floor? Should I wake her up and tell her to go home? No, that's not a good idea but it's also not a good idea to let her sleep here. Shit.

I kept on thinking it thoroughly. I gave her inconvenience, might as well pay for it, right?

I slowly carry her, bridal style, as carefully as I can and headed towards my bed. I should just sleep on the sofa.

I lay her on the mattress and adore her face that was liten up by the light on the living room. Sorry if I ever made you worried. If you ever was.

She crinkle her forehead and hugged herself, it looks like she's cold. Fastly like a rocket, I immediately grabbed the sheets and placed it up to her chin.

Thank you for being here. I appreciate it a lot.

I walked towards the cabinet to grab a blanket as I decided to sleep on the sofa when I unexpectedly heard the girl on my back whisper, "I'll take care... of you... Taehyung-ah... even though I'm... younger than you"

My lips instinctively curl up with a smile. I took steps to get closer to her and sat on the bed. My hands are itching to caress her hair and that's just what I did. It's okay since I feel like she's a heavy sleeper.

I instantly forgot why I'm crying just hours ago as I stare and focus on the girl sleeping unconscious with whatever is going on.

I forgot that I'm in pain the seconds I saw her. I forgot that I thought I was empty as she said those words.

I smiled again as I recalled what had happend. I leaned into her. She smells like mint strawberry, just right.

I know that it sounds weird but I'll say this to you Rosé.

"I should be the one who will take care of you"