/\Chapter 10-- The Dance of Metal & Nails/\

My emotions were running wild as I tackled Zeth to the ground, but I had to fight for my pride. I wasn’t just going to let these guys underestimate me like that. I wasn’t some pansy that acted as if I could fight when I couldn’t, and I would definitely prove it to them. I heard a grunt come from Zeth as we both went tumbling down. I pinned him to the ground once more, but not for long because he pushed me off of him. I flew back a couple of steps from the force, but I managed to keep my footing. Looking around to take in my surroundings, I found a perfect setting for our fight.

I looked back towards Zeth to see that he was studying my every move. Just like any other good fighter; study your opponent and find their weakness. But I had no weakness that was visible for him. I watched his stance for a moment longer before allowed my eyes to drift up to his piercing eyes. I stared at them, challenging him with my own stare. His eyes lit up at my look and a weird expression crossed his face before it was gone. I ignored the look and then slowly back up to the destination I wanted our fight to take place in. I was leading him to the storage room. It was huge and had a lot of contraptions that were old. I could use all the metal to my advantage.

He followed me, as if he were in a trance; although he still held a defiant expression upon his beautiful face. I wouldn’t deny that this man was beautiful… but it wasn’t always about the looks and strength. When we entered the room, he shut the door and locked it. I cocked my head to the side in confusion, but shrugged it off and back flipped onto one of the higher metal ledges hanging off the wall. It resembled a maze-like jungle gym.  I smiled challengingly at him and then he followed my lead and began to make his way towards me.

Seeing nails in my peripheral vision, I decided to use that to attack him. I bounced off the wall and brought myself closer to them as he was still giving me chase. I picked up some of the nails without him noticing, landing on my feet. I nestled the nails in the spaces between my fingers and then was off once more, flipping off walls and metal while throwing the nails as if they were kunai knives.  I smiled as he moved around gracefully, trying to dodge my attacks. He wasn't able to dodge all of them though.

I saw that he was bleeding and for some reason, it made him more appealing to me than he had been before. I bit my lip to stop the thoughts from surfacing in my head again. I couldn’t think of him as someone I would want to be my lover. It wasn’t right to think of him after all he’s done. I sneered at him then, not wanting him to get the gist of my thoughts. He frowned at me while I threw some more nails towards him. I was thankful that I was a warrior and had a flexible body. I did another flip, throwing the last of the nails that I had picked up. I noticed then, that I had no more nails and the nails were located across the room.

I looked toward Zeth as he dodged the nails and then I began flipping through the air once more, making my way back towards the nails. Suddenly, I felt something whoosh past me nicking me on the cheek. I felt as a trickle of blood dripped from the cut. I landed gracefully on one of the metals and turned to look at Zeth. He had disappeared though. Shit! I knew I shouldn’t have taken my eyes off of him! I soothed my thoughts and closed my eyes, sensing out his presence. I felt something heading towards me and I dodged it just in time.

I then quickly looked in the direction it had come and saw that Zeth was just about to jump from his spot. I watched as he did so, him not knowing that I knew where he was. Not taking my eyes off him, I flipped off the walls once more, quickly gaining towards my destination. I stopped abruptly when I sensed another nail heading towards me. I didn’t have enough time to move though, so I turned towards it and blocked it with my arm.

A gasp left my lips as the nail dug into my flesh. Holding back a whimper, I pulled the nail from my skin and looked to where Zeth stood, frozen. He looked at me in surprise, as if he thought that I would have been able to dodge it like all the others. I aimed the nail and threw it towards him then. He was able to dodge it just barely and then I began to flip toward the nails once more, pushing my pain to the back of my mind.