/\Chapter 14-- Phethus' POV/\

I watched in awe as I saw the beautiful warrior falling towards the ground. I seemed to be frozen; unable to move to catch her. I suddenly snapped out of it though when I noticed that someone else had caught her before she hit the ground. It was surprisingly Zeth. I watched him cautiously, slowly piecing together what had just happened and that was when I noticed she had run in here because she was too weak to fight him again.

I rushed towards the two, not waiting to see what Kai was doing. I couldn’t even believe that she had held out this long and had still been driving the ship after all the strain placed upon her. I slid towards them, entering into a fight with a kick to Zeth’s face. He was caught off guard only because he had checked to see if Areiya was alright. I watched him curiously as he flew and landed, seeing as he purposely switched the positions so that Areiya was on top of him when he hit the ground of the ship.

Somehow, it seemed as if he had wanted to keep her safe… but not because she was his so called ‘Queen’. I narrowed my eyes at him as I watched him place her gently onto the ground. I then charged again after he moved away from her. I heard a grunt come behind me, making me turn to take in what was happening. Just as I saw Kai charge at a now loose Erick, I felt something collide with my body.

I had been punched in the face and it seemed like if it were just a smidge more accurate, it would have broken my jaw. I cursed, turning my attention back on Zeth. I had to concentrate because I knew that Zeth had a way to fight silently and deadly. I had watched his battle with Kai just the other day; I had studied his moves after I had finished my fight with the new guy.

My eyes focused back on the guy I had just been thinking about and then I barely dodged his next attack, doing a back-flip to avoid the scissor kick that had been heading my way. I breathed heavily and mentally shook my head as the fight began to get more heated. I had just tackled and pinned him to the ground when I heard a soft, feminine moan come from behind me. I refused to look at her, in case it allowed Zeth to have the advantage once more.

I was a little surprised to see that Zeth had tensed up at the sound, and his eyes flicked behind me to see the beauty awakening from her sleep. I knew well enough that she had needed that rest to recuperate correctly, just like most warriors did. Though, she seemed to be a special case because when I finally followed Zeth’s gaze, my eyes landed on how her body didn’t seem to be damaged whatsoever. I stared in awe, before realizing that Zeth was still distracted. I took that as my chance, punching him in his gut; knocking the air from his chest for a split second there.

His eyes focused back on me then and we continued our fight. The moment we were up fighting again though, I felt a soft pressure on my shoulder. I flicked my gaze towards the pressure, only to see a feminine hand there. Following the arm up, I took in Areiya standing there. She didn’t seem to be looking at me in that moment though; she was staring at Zeth with a befuddled expression planted onto her face. Zeth seemed to be once again, frozen as he met her gaze.

Her eyes slowly travelled back to meet mine then. She took a deep breath, probably formulating what she was planning to saying to me.

“I… can I fight with him? We hadn’t finished our battle yet.” She muttered, flicking her gaze curiously back towards Zeth, who still seemed to be frozen. I looked between the two, wondering what the hell they were thinking about as they stared at each other blankly. I sighed, moving back and allowing her to fight, though she probably still needed to rest. I rolled my eyes and then turned my attention back towards Kai and Erick. They seemed to be evenly matched at that moment, but I knew that Erick had a way of changing the game on someone, so I decided to go ahead and jump into that fight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if it's so short... I just decided to do Phethus' POV to see how it would go... but I want to show what Areiya is thinking when she wakes up, so I ended this chapter faster than I originally planned. lol