First Day Back

I woke up and let out a tiny yawn. The whole entire night I was shaking. I'm just so scared about what Hayes is going to do to me at school. When I finally fell asleep I got a horrible nightmare about Hayes getting bigger and bigger and me getting smaller and smaller. He let out an evil laugh and hovered his foot above my shaking body. Seconds before it reached my head, I woke up. I hopped out of bed and wondered what I would wear for the first day of school. I'm not gonna lie, I do have friends and I'm not the most unattractive girl on the planet. So I decided to make myself look even better. Maybe that way Hayes would forget that he even bullied be in the first place. I side braided my auburn hair and out a flower in it. I did my make up with extra mascara, and put on skinny jeans and a top from Forever 21 that had the words "Never Say Monday" on it. I finished my breakfast and ran out the door. Seconds later my older brother Cameron came out the door.

"Hey, were carpooling with the Grier's today." He explained. I stopped walking and froze. I'm... Going to be sitting in a car.... With HAYES GRIER?!

"N-no your joking." I stutter.

"He's not joking." I hear a whisper right behind me. I jump and turn around. It was the one and only, Hayes Grier. Cameron and Nash were now inside making their lunches. This means me and Hayes are alone.

"What's wrong Ariana? You look scared." Hayes taunted me with a smirk planted across his face. Part of me wanted to be strong, but the other part of me just wanted to hide away in a corner. Luckily I didn't have to choose, Cameron and Nash came outside.

"You just got lucky." He whispered to me, I couldn't help but shiver. What does that mean? It probably means if I wasn't this lucky I would be in the back of the school being beat up but Hayes and his friends. Yeah, maybe I am lucky.

"You guys exited for school?" I hear Cameron's voice ask us.

"Yeah I guess." Hayes says. I try to say yes, but I don't have the strength to. We all get into the car, Nash drives and Cameron sits in the front seat. That leaves me and Hayes in the back seats, alone, together. Oh joy what fun. The car ride was just as I pictured it to be. Every chance Hayes got he would do something annoying like kick my leg or spit on me. Out of nowhere he kicked me really hard i let out a tiny whimper. Hayes chuckled.

"What the hell? I barely touched you! That must mean your like a stick." Hayes commented. I don't respond. I just want to get out of this car. Finally we reach the middle school.

"Bye Cam, bye Nash." I wave goodbye to my brother and his friend. Before they can respond, I make a run for it. Even I'm laughing, why the hell am I even trying? Its not like I could run faster then Hayes.

"Exited for school?" He asks me. I'm startled, is this the side of Hayes I've been searching for for years? A "nice" side? He's never voluntarily asked me my opinion on something.

"Or what I should say is, exited to sit at lunch with me and all the guys today?" Hayes smirks. There's the Hayes I know. Wait what?

"What are you talking about?" I snap?

"S-sorry I didn't mean to y-yell." I whisper, covering my head preparing myself for want ever punishment Hayes has stored for me. When nothing happens I peer to see what Hayes is doing.

"What the f*ck are you doing?" He asks me.

"Nevermind. But what are you talking about?" I ask.

"Me and the boys have to go over some things at lunch today." He explains. And with that he runs off. What kinds of "things"?

*LUNCH*

I wander into the Cafeteria wondering where to sit. There are the jocks, the popular girls, the nerds, the musicians. The musicians sound cool, why don't I try sitting with them? Before I take my seat, I remember my conversation I had with Hayes earlier. I have to sit with him and his friends at lunch today. It can't be that bad, I mean it's not like they could beat me up in front of the whole school? What I mean is, he couldn't do it while their are grown ups supervising lunch.

"Hey slut I'm glad you made it, I almost thought you forgot." Hayes welcomes me to the table.

"Nice to see you to Hayes." I remark.

"Ariana, you remember these guys. Jake, Marco, and Ryan." Hayes gestures over to three, more then handsome boys. They all check me out. I cross my arms by the time they reach my chest.

"Yeah I remember them. I also remember the time they gave me a black eye. I also remember-" I'm cut off by Ryan's deep voice.

"Maybe now would be a good time to go over the rules." Hey suggests, exchanging looks with Hayes.

"Excuse me, what rules?" I snap. I know, I'm extra sassy today. But they haven't really done much about so I decide to get as much fights in as I can.

"You do whatever we say. Anything. If we tell you to get down on your knees and-" Hayes tries to explain but I run away. That confident sassy me is gone.