No I am Not

As I walked into the bar, everyone jumped out.

"Happy birthday!" They yelled.

"Oh my god. Parker!" I stomped my foot.

"Don't blame me. Look at grumpy cowboy. He's the one who planned it mostly." She whispered before walking over to Sophie and Nate.

Mom, Charlie, my other brother Chad, and my used to be best friend from school, Lexa Davis, were there along with Sophie and Nate. No one else but them were in the bar.

My eyes stopped on Eliot, who stood farther back from everyone, with his arms crossed and a fair smile plastered on his face.

"Skylar!" Lexa broke my gaze with Eliot and ran to me, hugging me tightly. "I've missed you so much!"

"I missed you too, Lex." I hugged her tightly. Chad and Charlie were the next ones to hug me. They were twins.

As I went around giving everyone, including Sophie, Parker, Hardison, and Nate, a hug, I walked over to Eliot. I stood beside him, putting my hands in my pockets and looking at everyone. Mom had started talking with Sophie and Nate, Lexa was talking to Parker, and a had and Charlie were talking to Hardison.

"Thanks, Eliot." I turned my gaze to him. "I'm sorry for leaving like I did yesterday. I just.... I was in another mood and I'm sorry."

"Its fine. But even though you're in your own apartment, I will be there." Eliot put his arms around my waist and kissed me.

"Aww! Hardison! They're back together!" Parker squealed.

"And it still creeps me out." Hardison chuckled. I flicked him off as I broke the kiss with Eliot.

"Every hitter needs a lover." Sophie smiled, watching us.

"Thank you guys so much for everything. But I hope you know my birthday was almost a week ago." I laughed a bit.

"Delayed reaction." Eliot shrugged, keeping his hand on my hip. The door opened and a familiar face walked in.

It was Lacey.

Everyone stopped and looked at her. Mom started to move but Nate kept her back as I ran over to Lacey.

I hugged her tightly, getting down on my knees and holding her in my lap. She wrapped her arms around my neck, putting her face in the crook of my neck.

"Lacey. I-I thought I lost you." I whispered so only she could hear me.

"Damien had doctors work on me. He dropped me off here just a few seconds ago." Lacey smiled.

"Lacey!" Mom took her turn hugging Lacy tightly. I took a step back, bumping into Eliot.

"So that's Lacey?" He asked.

"Yeah. That's my Lacey." I smiled through tears of joy in my eyes. That's when I noticed one of Damien's cars outside. "I'll be back, Eliot." I said before going out to his car. The back window rolled down.

"I see you like my birthday gift to you." Damien said.

"Thank you, Damien. So much." I wiped my cheek.

"Anytime, honey. I wouldn't let her die. She means too much to you."

"You know I'm still pretty pissed with you with having Vladimir and his crew shoot me."

"You'll live, Skylar. You're strong."

"I haven't seen this side of you for a while, Damien Moreau. Where did your other side go?" I raised an eyebrow.