Chapter 10: Head Shot

Alyssa:
I have to hide these hickeys. I walk to the clubhouse.

"Anthony I need your keys." I tell him. "Why?" He asks. "I forgot to unplug my straightener." I lie. "Oh shit, yeah go unplug it." He tosses his keys to me.

I go home, put makeup on, just enough to block the hickeys that Ryan left on my neck. As I'm putting makeup on, Ryan FaceTimes me. I answered.

"Hey baby girl!" Ryan said. "Hey!" I smiled.

I start to put makeup on my neck. "Whatcha doin?" He asks. "Putting makeup on." I replied. "Over those lovely marks I left...?" He responded. "Yeah uh I don't want Anthony to see those." I tell him. "Oh right, I didn't think about that."

I chuckle and roll my eyes. "I wish you were here with me." He says. "I wish I was in your arms right now." I replied. "You should come to Pittsburgh." Ryan tells me. "I can't just get on a plane and fly to Pittsburgh just like that." I told him. "I wish you could, I miss you."

This boy. Wow. He's so perfect.

After twenty minutes on FaceTime with Ryan, I'm driving back to Wrigley. I pull into Anthony's spot and walk to the clubhouse, I walk in and put Anthony's keys back in his locker, and then I walk out to where the guys are, on the field. But I stay in the dugout cause I don't wanna get in the way. I'm looking down at my phone, not paying attention to what's going on around me. All of a sudden I heard someone yell.

"ALYSSA WATCH OUT!" And everything went black.

Anthony:

We rushed to the dugout. The trainer comes and gets Alyssa and takes her into the training room. "Anthony bro I'm sorry." Ian said. "Ian, my dude, it's fine. She wasn't paying attention." I replied.

I walk to the training room and the team doctor is examining my sister.

"She's still out but when she comes around, we will be able to examine further." He said to me. "Alright, thanks doc." I sit next to Alyssa.

About 15 minutes later, Alyssa is awake but groggy. I get the doctor and he comes in. He examines Alyssa and runs tests.

"Well, she's got a moderate concussion. But she's gonna have to have someone keeping an eye on her over the next 24 to 48 hours." The doctor tells me. "Alright." I responded. "Also, limited screen time and light. Don't let her sleep for at least 12 to 15 hours."

I call my mom who is in town. I explain what's going on and she agrees to take Alyssa home and watch over her. I wait with Alyssa until my mom gets there.

A/N: Short but the next couple chapters will be interesting 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼