Prologue

There he stood, looking outside the glass window to the city. His hand loosely tucked into his charcoal coloured slacks, while the other one held his phone which was long forgotten.

  A knock brought him out of his reverie, as he settled behind his large mahogany desk.

"Come in," he said, his voice authoritative and deep,

 His PA stuck her head into the office, as he waited for her to say what she needed to.

"Sir it's Mr. Tariq, he wanted you to have a meeting with him tomorrow, about the new launch of the electronics you invested in," she said in one breath, and she lowered her gaze slightly, imitated by the dark handsome man sitting behind the desk.

"I see," he said and motioned for her to sit down.

She peeked at him under her lashes, and her heartbeat picked up. Never had she seen a man so handsome so ... beautiful. His metallic grey orbs never let any emotion pass through them, his high cheekbones and straight nose were carved out of granite, while his jaw was square and chiseled to perfection. His mostly clean-shaven tanned face now had a five o'clock shadow, making him look more primitive and more manly if possible. His manly lips looked smooth upon the judgment of one's eye. His brows were thick and dark, in likeness to his hair, a beautiful dark shade of mahogany.

The white colored dress shirt he wore had a button or two popped open at the front, flashing a tanned throat and an equally tanned chest. The broad expanse of his chest and shoulders made girls do a double-take, his tall masculine frame of 6'2 made him look divine. His thick muscular arms and long muscled legs made men envy him.

   She handed him a few files, watching his fingers hold onto the pen as he started writing with ease, his fingers looked rough, calloused, and thick. She sighed inwardly and thought about the lucky lady who was to marry him someday.

He looked up and raised a dark brow," is there something else you wanted me to sign Miss Noor?"

 She flushed and shook her head and walked out the door.

 Zaeem Khan, a man everyone knew, most feared but looked up to. One of the richest men in Pakistan. His company was something he inherited at the age of 20, he'd been running it for 7 years now, and it was doing better than it ever was when it was in the hands of his father Muhammad Akbar Khan. 

Zaeem came from a Pathan family, his circle was big and many wanted him for many reasons. Girls for his looks and fame and money, while men envied him for the same reasons. Zaeem became a ruthless businessman a year after he started his business when he learned that the world was not what it seemed to be.

 When he had just taken over his father's business, he was in a relationship at the time with a girl, Sarah Shah. They dated for 3 years and he had already fallen for her, just when he entered the business world, Sarah was bribed and was told to steal some very important documents from the company, and she did.

 Zaeem lost millions in the time course of 10 months, he was humiliated, furious and heartbroken. Hence when he turned 21 he entirely changed his lifestyle, most said it was like seeing a Griffen being reborn from its ashes, and now he was cold, ruthless, and dangerous.

   He took his revenge and worked very hard to get where he was now, and he wasn't going to let anything or anyone take that away from him.

She quietly hummed to herself, as she let the paintbrush skim against the white canvas, bringing colors in its wake. Her honey brown hair caught up into a messy bun, the sunlight glinted in her chocolate brown eyes. Her long rust eyelashes fluttered softly with every hum. Her gently arched brows in likeness to the color of her hair.