Chapter 3

There he stood in front of the mirror, fixing his cuff links and running his hand through his dark locks. It was his engagement today, he couldn't believe it. Wearing white shalwar kameez (traditional clothing) looking as fine as ever, with a royal blue waistcoat on top.

They decided to have the engagement at his house, a nikkah (muslim marriage) would be held aswell, but the rukh sati (when the bride moves into her husbands house), both families decided would be held after a few months.

Shortly after Zaria had accepted the proposal, a month later the nikkah was happening, the venue was Zaeems house.

Everyone was ready and waiting patiently for the bride to come, as Zaeems family and close friends waited in his drawing room.

"Allah- mama, kameez sam kay please, Ahhh zama pay ghagray manday khpa Ma egday (God -mom, please fix my dress, Ahhh don't step on my skirt)," Zaria exclaimed,

she was anything but calm. They were already running around the house because they forgot Zaria's heels. The date was set soon after they said yes to the proposal, on very short notice they got a dress for Zaria, it was a beautiful pastel pink dress with work done all across it.

Finally, after they settled in the car, they drove off. Zaria was having a hard time breathing, not only because of the heavy diamond necklace around her neck, but also the rings and bracelets that made her feel like she was being held down but the dress was as heavy as it got.

They finally reached Zaeems house, her breath caught at the sight of the mansion.

There were many expensive cars in the driveway, giving Zaria an idea of the people she would soon call family, and judging by the number of cars there would easily be 70 people inside

There were many expensive cars in the driveway, giving Zaria an idea of the people she would soon call family, and judging by the number of cars there would easily be 70 people inside. The families had decided to call relatives and close friends for this event.

With a good amount of struggle Zaria got out of the car, her cousin Musa was going to escort her to the main door, from where her father was to take her inside, with the rest of her family behind them.

They walked through the corridor leading to the dining room, she heard her blood roaring in her ears, the drumming of her heart as clear as ever. The rest of the murmurs and talks along with conversation put together with the clicking of heels against the marble floor sounded muted to Zaria's ears.

When they reached the dining room door she squeezed her father's arm, which her hand was around. He gave her a hearty smile and a loving kiss on her forehead.