Epilogue

She screamed louder, as she clutched the sheets in her hands.

Sweat dripping from her forehead, and Zaeems breathing seemed to be as ragged as hers.

"Oh God!" She let out through gritted teeth gripping the sheets tighter.

"Almost there baby, almost there,' Zaeem cooed.

In a second the nurses were by her side in the emergency section of the hospital.

Tears were running down her face as she gripped Zaeems hand so hard her knuckles turned white.

"She's going into labour take her to room 76 for preparation," the doctor ordered. Pushing the wheeled bed Zaria lay on, her hand on her stomach and the other in Zaeems.

"It hurts!" Zaria cried as she doubled over in pain.

Zaeem cooed to her, holding her.

"Let's start, Miss Zaria you're opening is dilated enough were gonna need you to push now ok?" The doctor said as she spread Zaria's legs.

"I love you," Zaeem whispered.

Zaria was about to reply when a wave of contraction hit her and an ear piercing scream left her lips.

"Congratulations," the nurse said happily.

Holding a baby pink blanket, while the other held a baby blue one.

Zaria sighed with relief, after 21 painful hours she finally gave birth to their twins, her body was exhausted and she could barely keep her eyes open, Zaeem leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Would you like to hold the babies?" The nurse asked, cooing to the little boy in her arms.

Zaria nodded and both the nurses gave her the twins.

By God they were beautiful, Zaria looked at them and then at Zaeem who was in shock and awe.

As if he were seeing a miracle.

"Zaeem would you like to hold them?" Zaria asked softly.

Zaeem nodded and picked up his baby girl in his arms, gently, careful as if she might break.

Their little girl looked even smaller in her father's muscular arms.

"What would you like to name them?" The nurse asked.

"The boy's name will be Umar Khan," Zaria said, gently rubbing her fingertip over Umars cheeks.

"And the girl?" The nurse asked

"Laila, her name will be Laila Khan," Zaeem said, as he placed his lips on his daughter's head, and closed his eyes.

After an hour of settling in, both the families came in to see the babies, sweets were given about and tears were wiped away.

And on cue both the babies started crying, the nurse helped Zaria get set for nursing the kids. And she nursed Laila first, then Umar, as Zaeem stood there in wonder, looking at his wife breast feed his kids, it fascinated him.

When they were finally discharged and sent home, the couple was in their room with the kids, Laila for the first time opened her eyes and Zaria gasped.

Zaeem looked up at her, Umar was holding onto his father's finger in a death grip, and Laila was in Zaria's lap.

"What?" Zaeem asked, as he picked up Umar gently and looked at what Zaria seemed to be in awe of.

"Za-Zaeem, Laila, she has your grey eyes," Zaria's gasped, her light brown orbs wide with disbelief.