Chapter 11

Cold

That's the look at flashed across Zaria's face, an emotion that Zaeem knew too well, but he didn't want it from Zaria.

No, not from his rose.

The silence in the room was deafening, mocking them.

Zaria's eyes were unwavering, as she watched Zaeem walk towards her slowly, as if afraid to startle her.

"Zaria, sweetheart," Zaeem called again

It was the endearment that her husband used that caused anger to flame in her cold eyes.

Her jaw ticked, her gaze sharp, daring him to say something.

Zaeem sighed, he knew the fiery hellcat he married would not back down, but he'd be damned if he didn't right his wrongs, not when he knew the amount of hurt he caused over a false accusation that he forged in his mind against her.

"Can we talk, please," he said gently, motioning to the chairs next to the fireplace.

His wife lifted her chin up, her arms still crossed over her chest, as she silently walked past him and sat on the chair opposite to him.

She crossed her legs, her eyes cold, traces of anger in them.

"First of all, I'd like to say that I found out everything, from top to bottom, Nina explained-no shouted everything to me," he tried his attempt at humor, but his wife showed no signs of a smile.

He sighed deeply, and rubbed the muscles of his neck in frustration, he didn't know, he didn't know how to explain to his wife that he fucked up and he was fucking sorry.

"Zaria, what I did was inexcusable, it was wrong, I accused you of a crime that you were innocent of and I hurt you, rose, I'm so fucking sorry," he whispered, the sincerity of his words hit Zaria's heart, but she kept her guard up, not letting her cold facade fall.

"Tell me something Zaeem, how is sorry going to fix anything-," Zaria hissed, Zaeem opened his mouth to say something but she cut him off.

"Tell me, how will your sorry stop the hurt that you put me through, how will your sorry make for the cruelty you showed go away, TELL ME ZAEEM HOW CAN I LOOK AT YOU THE SAME WAY, YOU ACCUSED ME OF CHEATING ON YOU, I ASKED YOU OVER AND OVER BUT NOT ONCE DID YOU EVEN TELL ME WHAT YOU WERE MAKING ME PAY FOR!" Zaria screamed, her body trembling with rage.

He got up and walked towards her, but she got up from her chair and backed away from him.

"Don't you dare think for once second that you're going to kiss me or something and I'll forget everything, I'm not one of your mindless whores," Zaria spat, but her voice wavered.

"For goodness sake Zaria let me explain, I'm sorry ok, dammit what do you want me to do to prove it to you, sweetheart please tell me," he said softly.

Tears were burning her eyes, but she refused to let them drop.

"Leave me alone," she whispered, turning away from him.

"No, no anything, but that," and he walked towards her, turned her to him, and held her to his chest as she started struggling in his embrace.

"No-no let me go you monster, damn you let me go Zaeem let me go," she said, pounding her fists on his chest.

"Hit me, Zaria, stab me if you feel like it but I'll never let you go, you're mine, and I'll spend the rest of my life making it up to you, even if we have 10 kids by then I'll never stop making up for my wrongs," he said, and it was a promise. They both knew.

Zaria stopped struggling, and then it came. The tears, they were running down her face.

She held her face in her hands as her shoulders shook with sobs. And it tore through Zaeems heart.