How it happened

It was an early Saturday I said as I sat down to tell my restless kids a bedtime story.

I was about 16 when this all started so it was almost 14 years ago. It was my last day of vacation on Hawaii and I was on a boat tour going around the island. It was just me and the captain on the boat. About an hour after lunch a storm came out of nowhere with 15 feet waves throwing the ship around the captain lost his balance and was tossed overboard and then disappeared under the water. I managed to grab the steering wheel and tried to get out of the storm. A huge wave crashed into the ship and I jumped just before the ship was completely destroyed. I was shocked out of my mind when my body landed on a beach. Using a lot of effort I pushed myself up and looked at where I was. The storm was still raging on but to my surprise appeared to be hitting an invisible wall leaving the beach I was standing on completely dry. There was a small hut just near the end of the beach that I started hobbling towards. When I arrived at the hut I assumed it would be empty but still knocked just in case. A man about the age of 18 with messy raven black hair and piercing sea green eyes answered the door. He took one look at me and I guess I looked worse than I felt by the worried expression on his face. He led me into his house, sat me down on the couch and started treating my injuries. The adrenaline had died down by now and the last thing I heard before I passed out was him saying his name is Percy Jackson and that he's going to heal me and get me back to my family.

Time skip

When I woke up I woke up on a strange couch and had no clue where I was. I lay my head back down until all the memories of what happened and how I ended up here. I slowly stood up ignoring my screaming muscles and walked towards what looked like the kitchen when I bumped something over and it landed with a loud thud. I nearly pissed myself laughing at the high pitched girly scream that came from what I assumed was the main bedroom. Percy stormed out of the room glaring in a way that would make any sane person shit themselves. Luckily for me I was far from sane and his glaring just added to my laughter. Once I had stopped laughing I picked up the item that had dropped and placed it back where I found it. I then turned to Percy who was busy sulking and muttering something about ungrateful bastards. I thanked him for helping me and asked if he could explain to me exactly where I was. He suddenly gained a playful but evil smirk and I knew I would soon regret laughing at him. My expression must've matched my thoughts as he chucked slightly. He told me to wait for him as he went into the kitchen and grabbed something then back onto the same beach I had landed on last night. The beach was nice and sunny and the storm had calmed down slightly from last night. Percy suddenly stopped and indicated for me to sit next to him as he served two bowled of cereal which I assumed must have been breakfast. He then told me the island wasn't on nay maps and he had come across it while exploring and needed to get away from his life so had decided to live here. I could tell there was more to the story but decided not to press the subject as I could tell it was personal and that he would talk about it when he was ready to trust me.

He froze up when I asked him if there was a way off the island. He took a deep breathe then explained that there wasn't a way off. The island was usually surrounded by huge storms that would be impossible to get through. So basically I was stuck on the island unless we found a way off of the island. I didn't notice what time it was until Percy silently cursed next to me and then explained that he had a lot of things to do like going hunting and collecting food as winter was drawing near. I was amazed by his skill with the bow and arrow as every shot he fired was a kill shot. He taught me the basics on it and said I would just need practice. Later he showed me all the different types of plants that were edible. By the time we got back to his hut it was almost dark so we put all the stuff in a store room. He then made us dinner and after a while he headed off to bed and I lay down hoping for a goodnight of rest which I hadn't gotten since I first started seeing the weird looking creatures. My family didn't believe me but I know what I see and I've seen these creatures multiple times. Sometimes I even saw kids with swords, spears and many more different kinds of weapons.

Putting these thoughts to the back of my mind I closed my eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep.

An: I know it might not be that good but pls bear with me and thanks for reading if you have anything that could help me improve my writing pls comment