Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Natalie's POV:

Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Beep Beep. Bee--

I sighed as I clicked the snooze button. I knew Seth wouldn't approve of me going back to sleep. It was weird how much of a morning person he is... His summer job as a life guard didn't start until later this afternoon, and he was up before me. I was the absolute opposite. I hated the mornings. All my friends and family will tell you the same thing. As much as I loved cooking and being a chef at a five star restaurant, I wanted to sleep. To be honest, I could quit my job if I wanted and just let my parents pay for what I wanted, same with Seth. My mom being a famous wedding planner and my dad a lawyer, they could easily afford it. But Seth and I promised each other we would work for everything we got.

I snuggled back up into my covers and waited for my five minute snooze to be up. Before I had a chance to allow my eyes to shut all the way, I heard footsteps from the bathroom. Dang it. Seth was up, which meant so was I. He opened the bathroom door and walked out, seeing me still in bed. He sighed--as did I-- and he walk up to the bed.

"I guess I'll have to do it the hard way..." he mumbled as he walked out of the bedroom.

My eyes snapped open and I jumped out of bed, knocking my iPhone off my bedside table and hitting my hand in the process. I heard him chuckling from the living room as I cursed loudly at my morning clumsiness. 'The Hard Way' was never a good way, especially for me. It usually meant him either blasting music in my ears or sprinkling water over my head until I got up. Don't get me wrong, I love music, just not the obnoxious screeching of hardcore metal music.

I got ready for a shower, grabbing my favorite lacy pink bra and matching panties and running into the bathroom. I peeled off my pajama shorts and t-shirt along with my underwear and got in the shower. I scrubbed the apple scented shampoo and body wash on and washed it off quickly. I stood there in the shower just letting the hot water pour down my face and thought about how much I just wanted to be sleeping. All of a sudden, Seth begins knocking on the bathroom door annoyingly.

"What do you want, Seth? I'm in the shower!" I yelled over the sound of running water and door pounding.

"Nat, I thought you were working today?" he answered.

"Yeah, I am!" I answered, confused.

"Well why are you still in the shower?! It's almost seven thirty! Your shift started ten minutes ago!"

Shit.

I scrambled out of the shower and dried off quickly, throwing my black slacks and white button up on quickly. As I tried to hurry out of the bathroom, I slipped and fell. I ended up stubbing my toe on the end of the shower. I quickly scrambled up and unlocked the door, revealing a worried looking Seth.

"Are you okay, babe?" he asked laughing and helping me out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, fine! I need to leave, now!" I said, pulling my shoes on and giving Seth a quick peck on the lips. "See you later, boo!"

~.~.~.~

I made it to the restaurant just as my manager asked my closest friend, Sammie, where I was. Looks like she covered for me this time. Dispite the fact that I love to sleep, I was never late to work. Working ad L'Anima was a dream come true and I didn't want to mess it up.

Sammie looked at me and pointed, going back to her job. Luigi, our manager, turned around and smiled. Not to be cocky, but I was his favorite worker. With my foot still aching, and probably bleeding from earlier, I limped up to him to apologize.

"Luigi, I'm so sor--"

"Natalie--why are you limping?" he questioned with his deep Italian accent.