five

five

Zoey rolled off the couch and hit the floor as she had finally woken up. She grumbled something before allowing her four senses to kick in. She opened her eyes to see the legs of the end table, the tv stand and the carpeted floor. She felt the fluffy white carpet and pulled softly at the fabric before allowing the disgusting smell of sweaty feet and unknown objects come from under the couch.

She made a sour face and struggled to stand up and once she did her sense of smell was greeted with a much happier smell.

Breakfast.

Zoey staggered over to the stairs and climbed up them slowly. She walked into the kitchen and sighed as she sat down in one of the chairs on the island. Luke, Mike, Calum, and Ash were all sitting there too. Waiting patiently for whatever Zoey's mother was cooking.

Zoey leaned against Calum who was resting on his crossed arms against the table. His head was turned and his eyes closed. She leaned on his side and let out a soft sight.

Elisa turned around and smiled at Zo.

"How you feeling baby?" She signed. She didn't want to speak because all the boys were tired and lazily falling back asleep at the island.

"I'm okay. It was weird not sleeping in the same bed as Ethan but I had Ash and Cal laying with me so," Zoey signed before shrugging softly and cuddling more into Cal's side.

Elisa gave Zoey a soft smile and tilted her head at the two. Cal was half asleep so he raised up his arm and wrapped it around her back and tugged Zoey closer. She was practically underneath him as she rested on top on her crossed arms and and closed her eyes. Calum's arms fell loosely around her arms as his head rested on the top of her back.

It wasn't unnatural between the two for this to happen. Although it was one of the things that caused a fight to happen between Ethan and Zoey. Apparently Zoey was to cuddly with Calum too often and Ethan got jealous and suspicious. It caused Zoey and Cal to drift away a little bit until Ethan noticed how miserable Zoey had gotten without Calum. They were best friends and they had been since they were four.

The day Zoey met Ethan and her and Calum went to the park after school she had asked him to do something with her. They were sat on the merry-go-round beside their initials that they had practically stained into the metal. The question didn't cause Calum to panic or question their friendship. The two had made a promise to be each others first for everything when they were six and they never broke it.

Calum was her first boyfriend. It was in grade six and it lasted a matter of twenty-seven seconds until they laughed and broke up. The only reason why they got together was because Calum was going to ask out his crush, Jane but he wanted to make sure that Zoey was still his first girlfriend and that he was Zoey's first boyfriend.

Calum was also her first kiss. Eighth grade on the merry-go-round. Zoey had wanted to ask out a boy named Kyle who was Calum's friend. Kyle had told Calum that he liked Zoey and Zoey had liked him for a couple weeks at that time. But Zoey and Calum still didn't have their first kiss yet. So they sat and puckered their lips and kissed one another before pulling away and laughing at each other and wiping their mouths.

The action was bound to happen between the two. They had talked briefly about it in tenth grade but decided that they both weren't ready. When Zoey brought it up again that day they had talked for a good hour about it and decided they were ready.