Another One Gone

*Winter's P.O.V.* 

I pitied Maddy's story, but I couldn't connect to it. Everyone has a story, but mine isn't the hardest. 

My mom is Elsa, my dad is not someone you'll know by name. My father was unaware my mothers powers could be passed down by genes. It wasn't exactly easy for him to deal with her having powers, but when he realized I did, it killed him. He started dethatching from us, when I started creating mini snowstorms in my room he looked at me like a monster. Eventually he died, it happened when I was 7. It was easy for me to cope with, because I can't say I knew the man. My mother was quiet, the only person she talked to was my Aunt Anna and I. She needed my help in recovering from his death, she loved that man. I fed her everyday, helped her pick out clothes, and even made certain announcements to the kingdom. By the time I was 10 she no longer needed me. For the years until now, 15 years old, I was a normal teenage princess. Then one day Sedley showed up at my castle,  requesting me to join his elite squad. I was reluctant to leave my mom, but she encouraged me, so here I am. I'm proud to say that she doesn't need me anymore. That doesn't stop me from checking in on her though! But here I am, currently sneaking into one of the biggest villains' castle of all time! Am I glad I left home? Hell yeah! 

*Maddy's P.O.V.*  

I sneak along the side of the castle with Winter, Aisha and Sapphira. We're looking for entrances that can lead us directly to the throne room. Or maybe even Red's bedroom. If we can infiltrate them while they're in the middle of making a deal it will be even better!  

"We've found an unbarred window!" I hear a whisper and spin around to see Ruby. Of course SHE found an entrance,its her specialty (the whore). The girls get their grappling hooks ready and run pass me. I take mine out but Ruby grabs my arm. I snatch it away and gather up my spit when she puts her hands up. The spit stays in my mouth, ready to be launched at any second.  

"I'm not what you think I am, Chris was hitting on me as well!" she defended. 

"You're right, you just went the mile and had me put in a coma out of jealousy!!!" I yell, forgetting about our operation. I'm still surprised she hated me so much that she'd just leave me for dead. We were supposed to be a team, but then again she is the only person on our team that I hate.  

"Listen, my father ate my mother after she had me, I never got to know her," she said .  One eyebrow of mine shoots up and I stare incredulously.  

"What are you looking for, sympathy? Its not my fault your family is attracted to beasts! And besides, after that wouldn't you be a little less trustworthy?" I say glancing over at Chris before walking away. I throw my own grappling hook and begin to climb when I feel a hand on my back.  

"You have to pull me up when you get to the top, nobody else will," Ariel whispers. Well, I wonder why!! Nobody wants to help her because if we make ONE mistake she might have us all sent back home. It wasn't exactly easy for the person in control of our fate to be my mother!  I do as she asked when I get to the top, and when she reaches me I snatch the rope from her hands. I thought I hurt her from the look on her face, but I quickly realized it was fear. As I turned around, standing in front of me were card soldiers. Leading them was a girl with red hair. She had a small crown on her head and a heart scepter in her hands .  

"Who are you, and where is the Red Queen?!" asks Sapphira as she struggles against ties.  

"I am Amor Red, daughter of the Red Queen, and it seems your plans have been foiled by one of your very own!" she giggles and claps like a child. From behind the card soldiers, Xander steps out.  

*Sapphira's P.O.V.* 

I would have slapped him if I wasn't tied in restraints. I almost gave up hope while they shoved us down the halls. They told Rags she'd be doing nothing but cleaning again. She screamed and yelled so loud I almost cried. Rags came from a home where, if Cinderella wasn't home, the prince would get mad and take it out on Rags. Rags didn't speak for years because she had nobody to speak to. By the time she was ready to speak again, she found out about AfterEndingsHigh and we rescued her. She speaks to our therapist but rarely to anyone else. Talking of cleaning must've brought back old memories. She had such an abusive childhood... At least she knew her mother loved her though.  In front of me, her perfect hot curled curls bounced up and down, blood laced from the blow the card soldiers gave her. She tried to fight but I could tell she was losing consciousness. I turn away and see Aisha and Winter walking along calmly, not fighting at all. They both looked at me at the same time and nodded. Winter twitched her elbow and her restraints froze along with her card soldier. She shattered the restraints, then head butted the soldier, shattering him as well. Aisha wasn't in sight until I saw a frog hopping around. She stole the key from her card soldier and was freeing everyone as fast as she could. Amor called security as fast as she could but Winter spun around ad threw a wall of ice around her so fast I barely saw it. The ice crept slowly up Amor's legs, then up her thighs, finally to her shoulders.  

Giselle yelled, "STOP, not just yet!"  

We all turned to look at her when she walked up to Amor and whispered "Let me do the honors!" 

"This is for your stupid Bandersnatch that KILLED MY MOTHER!!" she yelled as she snapped her neck. Everyone froze and remained silent before Winter unclenched her fist and the half-frozen Amor burst into a million pieces. I wince and Javian grabs my hand. I grip him back before opening my eyes to see his brother.  

"Xander, why are you doing this?!" I say as I run over to Rags, who lies on the floor. I'm careful not to touch the spot on her head that she was dropped on. Her head is soaked in blood, and judging by how hard she was dropped, she was slowly fainting. Xander didn't dare approach us, but he watched her. Maddy runs over by Rags and grabs her hand.  

"You're going to be ok, we have healing sprites at the house!" Maddy said.  

"Just--, tell my mom---, it wasn't her fault, I love her!" she hyperventilated. As soon as she said that I see Maddy's hand loosen and let go. She backs up and stands up as if slapped. Rags closes her eyes and her breathing slows. 

"She was dead before she even died!" she spat.  

"How dare you say that, what's wrong with you?! She's not even dead!" Aisha yells.  

"Are you serious? Are you all strung along like some lost, idiot puppy?!" she yells back.  

"I will let you know one thing I am not an idiot!"  

"Hey, what's wrong with both of you? A valued member of our family needs medical attention and all you can do is fight?!" I say.  

"You all disgust me, being strung along by these idiots. They say bark, and you go the mile by howling!" Maddy yells as she points at her mother. 

"What are you talking about?" I say carefully, making sure not to offend Queen Ariel. 

"You let them believe they can just waltz right in our lives after the damage they've caused. They are just some glorified REHAB COUNCIL and I WILL NOT take orders from them anymore!!" Maddy yells.  

"Madeline Eliza Brookes what are you saying?!" Ariel yells.  

"To put it simply, I'm not going home with you guys. I'm done, come on Xander!" she says. She looks me in the eyes one last time as I realize what she's about to do. She slowly turns around and walks the opposite way. Xander following her close behind.  

"MADDY! MADDY PLEASE, YOU'RE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE!!!" I scream. Javian holds me back as I throw myself around and pull my own hair out.  

"You know that losing two of your valued members means the Royals must step in now..." Ariel chokes as she announces. I cam tell she feels guilty about Maddy. After all, nobody can sugar coat that it was Ariel's fault that Maddy grew up to be so bitter. Maybe all of our parents should've treated us better. Nobody can say anything, except for Giselle.  

"I can't fit 8 princesses in my 3 bedroom house." she whispers before we all turn around, Chris picks up Rags body, and walk home