Give it A Chance

It had been 6 months since Devonte left California and came back to Tampa and he had not gone out at least once. He wasn't a party every weekend type of guy but he did like to go out. He decided to call up one of his old homeboys, Jerome, he was always on the scene.

"Hello?" Jerome sounded like he just woke up.

"Yo what's up, it's Devonte." Devonte responded.

"I got an iPhone nigga I know who it is. What's up, it's been a minute since I heard from you. How's Shirley?" Jerome asked.

Devonte cringed at the sound of her name. Shirley, the girl who had ruined his life. The girl who had taken his heart and threw it in the gutter. The girl who had turned his life into a living hell. He tried to forget about her in the time that he was in Tampa but here he was, reminded of the very evil he tried to escape.

"Hello man you still on the line?" he jumped at the sound of Jerome's voice.

"Yeah man, my bad but I ain't with Shirley no more. We broke up long time ago, that's over and done with." Devonte assured.

"Okay okay, I hear you. She must've did you wrong homie."

"Yeah I don't want to talk about it." he quickly changed the subject. "Anyways, I was calling you man cause I've been here for a hot minute and I still haven't gone out. You know anything happening this week, any clubs popping?" he chuckled and bounced his shoulders.

"Yeah actually I was heading over to Peaches Lounge tonight man, it's ladies in free tonight so that means the place is gonna be filled with bad females man!" Jerome replied excitedly.

Devonte wasn't used to going to Lounges but anything was sounding good to him at this point. The last time he went out was for Shirley's birthday and he needed to see some new faces. He was beginning to feel like his life had reached a standstill after they had broken up. Granted when they first broke up it wasn't on good terms so he didn't really want to meet new people but he was completely over her now and he just wanted to enjoy himself.

"Alright man, what time does it open?" he asked.

"Doors open at 10, I'll come slide and get you around 9:30" Jerome said.

"Okay sounds like a plan," Devonte said then they exchanged goodbyes and hung up the phone.

Devonte laid back in his bed. Was he ready to meet new females and give love another shot? He was never the player type so that wasn't an option but he had to admit that he was afraid of getting hurt again. Life is too short to not take risks but was it all worth it? Devonte didn't have the answer to that question but he did know that he was ready to turn up tonight. He decided to take a nap since it was only 4:00 pm and he had nothing else to do. He was off and his mom said she would pick up his sisters from school so he didn't have to leave the house.

Devonte woke up and checked the time, it was 7:00 pm, which meant that he needed to start getting ready. He was a bit of a pretty boy so it took him at least an hour to get ready. Since this would be his first time going out in a long time he wanted to make sure that he looked good from his hair down to his shoes. He got undressed and hopped in the shower, the hot water hit a part on his back and it felt so good that he closed his eyes.

He couldn't help but to think about the time he had sex in the shower with his high school girlfriend Daria. It was one of the best experiences of his life, he had just lost his virginity the week before and it was his second time having sex. It was also his first time getting head and Daria was a pro at it.

'Baby I'm gonna go take a shower' Daria said as she lightly grazed his chest with her fingertips. ' You want to come in with me?'

Devonte knew Daria was a freak but he didn't know that she was like that, he couldn't pass up the opportunity though.