|chapter five|

Inside the Malfoy Mannor

  "Mom!" Hermione cried out in excitement. She held her mom close and the two of them were in completely joy. "Hello Mia! I've missed you darling, how are you?" Her mother, Mararose Zabini, asked. "Im doing quite well, how about you?" Hermione questioned. Mrs. Zabini gave her a loving smile. "I'm going great sweatheart." Hermione then turned to see Draco's mom, Narcissa. She pulled her into a tight embrace and rocked her side to side. The two began to laugh. Mrs. Malfoy was like Hermione's second mom, to be honest. Narcissa was extremely happy when Hermione came back into their lives. She finally had a 'daughter'! (As she said.) "How are you, Mia?" She asked her smiling. Hermione gave her the same loving smile. "I'm doing great, how about you Cissa? (The nickname she gave her)" "I'm quite well. But..." Hermione froze. What could be wrong? Narcissa took a look at her husband Lucius who wasn't standing to far away. "Somebody has been eating all of my pumpkin pastries! I barely have any left!" Narcissa exclamied. Everyone erupted into laughter while Lucius gave his wife a slight punch on the shoulder. He went over and hugged Hermione. (Shocker I know).

When Hermione found out she was adopted, she knew she would not have a father. But, Lucius became a father figure for her. He was always there for her and was very protective, so perfect!

  "Narcissa?" Mrs. Malfoy turned around to see Astoria standing right behind her. "Yes love?" "Do you happen to know where my parents are?" Astoria asked in a concerned tone. "They will be her shortly," Mrs. Malfoy began. "They had to go somewhere but will be here in no time." Astoria smiled and nodded her head.

After everyone gave a proper greating to the parents, they all decided to go have breakfast. The house elves had made a breakfast buffet, which was enjoyed very much by everyone. After everyone finished eating, they discussed how school was going, any drama going on, and how Draco had the bruise on his forehead. The good news is that it wasn't as bad as it what yesterday, but it was still visible. In the middle of a conversation of Blaise's Transfiguration grades, there was a knock on the door."Other guests?" Lucius asked Draco. "I'll go see who it is." Said Narcissa as she headed twords the door. Everyone in the mannor sat quietly, just in case it was someone who shouldn't know about Hermione being there. A few minutes passed and Narcissa entered the room with Mariana and Anthony Greengrass, Astoria's parents. The thing was, thy had an extremely frantic looks on their faces. Astoria quickly noticed it.

"Mom?Dad?" She began to walk twords them. "Is everything arlight?" Mrs. Greengrass looked at her daughter and then her husband. She hugged her daughter and whispered something in her ear. After a few moments she pulled away and nodded her head. She hugged her father then went to sit down where she originally was.

"Narcissa, Lucius, and Mararose. Can we speak in private please?" Asked Mr. Greengrass. The adults got up and Lucius lead them to another room. Once they left, the five of them got together.

"What's going on Astoria?" Draco questioned. "It has to do with the Dark Lord." She said quietly. "Well, what about him?" Blaise asked. It took a moment before Astoria could answer. "Astoria?" Hermione called out while putting a hand on her shoulder. Astoria said a simple sentence, but it would change their lives forever.

"All of us are being recruited as deatheaters, including Hermione."