Chapter 67: The Concealed Truth

"Dr Ma

"Dr Ma..."

"Qing...?" Qing had never called him by that name, whenever they're alone.

Dr Ma LiWei, frowned, noticing the difference in Qing's voice. He could sense it even through the telephone. Qing always called him LiWei when they're talking privately.

"Uhm..There's something that I need to talk to you about, Qing.."

Qing blinked, "uhm..We can talk about it through telephone right..?"

"Can't we meet?"

Qing inhaled a deep breath and replied, "I don't think that, that's possible Dr...I had already told you the reason...My wife misunderstood us last time..."

Dr Ma LiWei but his lip, as he slumped on his seat, feeling his heart breaking. Qing really had changed.

Dr Ma LiWei had always thought that he would be okay, even if one day he lost Qing to his soul mate, he wouldn't be devastated. After all, he had always known that Qing would never be his, even though he's Qing's first man. Qing never looked at him that way. Even that one time, when they slept together; Qing thought of it as only a way to show gratitude. That's also his reasons to be hiding his thoughts from Qing. He's lucky, he knew of Qing's ability back when it was still under development, hence he had time to practice blocking his thoughts from Qing as he grew up.

He thought he'd be okay, even when Qing called him on the phone five months ago, telling him that its best if they never meet again. But he's not okay at all.

"I never want him to misunderstood again..And I had already promised him, that I will never meet you again.." Qing said, "I think you can understand the situation..It's not that I'm breaking off our friendship...You will always be someone I really look up to and someone I felt grateful to forever, Dr Ma. But, right now...Until my wife said, I could, I wouldn't meet you...I'm sorry.."

"You really love him..? Your wife..?" Dr Ma LiWei sounded so distant.

"Yes..Dr Ma..." Qing answered without hesitation, "I love him. Very much..."

"I see.." it was like a slap on the face to Dr Ma LiWei, because in these five months of not meeting Qing, he finally realised that he really didn't want to lose Qing after all. He missed Qing so much.

"You didn't miss me?"

Qing frowned, something's off with Dr Ma's voice today.

"Dr Ma?" Qing began, "we are friends. And I respect you. I already told you that I'm not breaking off our friendship. I just can't meet you in person..."

"But, we haven't met in five months..Don't you miss me at all?" Dr Ma was letting it go, his feelings and his frustrations, "Qing...I...I...love you...I always have loved you Qing..!" He had kept it for years.

Qing frowned, he thought he heard it wrong, "what?!?!?" Did Dr Ma just said that he loved him?

"I thought, I could let you go.." Dr Ma LiWei cried, "I thought I was ready when you finally found your soul mate...your nurturer...But I wasn't. "