7

When I finally went to bed, as expected I was not able to sleep. I tried reading books hoping I would sleep eventually, but that was not happening. So I started watching series, though I knew this would definitely not help me sleep.

But then I thought, instead of sleeping and seeing those nightmares all over again, it's better to just stay awake the whole night. Because luckily for me, not getting enough sleep never caused me any problems.

After watching about 4 episodes, I was not in the mood to watch anymore, so I thought I would just try and close my eyes, though the chances seemed very less.

But I guess it did help, because as I estimated, I had the nightmares again and was awake again. It was about 4am. And I was just really scared to stay in the house, as everything that happened was in this house itself.

So I finally got up, and went to the kitchen to get a packet of chips and water, and went outside and sat on the stairs, at the entrance.

Then I started listening to songs and was fine, but just then I felt someone's presence nearby. And I just freaked out and started shouting.

"Please don't hurt me. Please leave me alone. Please don't hurt me. Please don't." I starting crying.

"Hey, hey, calm down. Its just me, Virajas." I heard someone  say.

But that didn't help, and soon I felt being pulled into someone's arms and felt a hard body against mine. And hands going through my hair trying to calm me down.

"Hey Ruhi, it's me, Virajas. Don't worry. Just calm down. No one's trying to hurt you." He kept saying.

Then after a while when I finally calmed down. He removed his arms around me and made me look at him.

"I am sorry for pulling you in. But you were just too scared and I couldn't think of anything else. You okay now ?" He asked calmly.

"Y..yeah." I said.

"Just drink some water first. You were shouting really loud." He said giving me a smile.

"You don't have to be sorry. Actually thank you so much for helping me calm down. And actually I am sorry. I didn't mean to shout. I am really sorry. I guess I even hit you." I said.

"Yeah you did. And to be honest I didn't think you would hit someone so hard. Remind me never to mess with you again." He said laughing a little.

"Don't be so dramatic, it was not so hard, I bet." I said laughing along.

"Well, it was hard enough. But I just wanted to see you smile. So mission accomplished." He said giving me his cute smile, and I couldn't help but blush.

"Jokes apart, but really thank you." I said.

"Oh, don't mention it. Anyone would have done the same, seeing such a beautiful going all crazy." He said smiling.

"No, not anyone. Believe me." I said feeling a little scared again.

"Hey, don't think about it. And don't be so scared. I am right here." He said.

"Yeah, I know. Thank you again. But what are you doing here anyways ?" I asked him.

"Well, I was not able to sleep, so I was at the window when I saw you sitting here. And ... I don't know why I came here. But I couldn't help it." He said awkwardly.

"Well I am glad you did." I said smiling.

"But what are you doing here at this time ? It isn't safe. Does your brother know you are here ?"  He asked.

"My brother isn't home. And I had nig... I just couldn't sleep. So I came here." I told him.

As much as I felt like telling him the truth, I couldn't. I don't want anyone to know it. I can't let anyone know it.