2

So after Dhruv left me at the school, I made my way towards my class directly. I was already late, but it was kinda routine for me. The reason being I hate being alone with this many unknown people. So I get in the class when the teacher arrives, so that the lecture continues fluently.

And as I wanted it to be, Miss Gupta, was there in the class before me.

"Mam, can I come in ?" I asked her.

"My God Ruhi, when will the day arise when you will be in class before me. Anyways, come in. I don't want to waste others time." She said.

And so I entered the class and started walking towards my seat, which was never taken, and no one sat there ever, but today must be a bad day for me, because, a girl and a boy were sitting there, probably to hide from Miss Gupta's sight.

So I started searching for other seat, but unfortunately, there was no empty seat.

"So Ruhi, if you are done inspecting the class, will you do the honour of taking a seat, so that I can start." Miss Gupta said.

"Uhh, yaa mam, sorry." I said and made my way towards a girl who was sitting alone, on the second last bench.

Miss Gupta was our Chemistry teacher, I am currently studying in Second Year B.Sc. from Ruia college.

"Hey, I am Prachi. And you are Ruhi. I know." The girl sitting beside me said.

"Yaa, hi." I said, and continued to listen to Miss Gupta's lecture, she was currently teaching us Thermodynamics laws.

"So you are not much of a chatter person, I guess. Anyways, good for us, I am. I can talk for both of us." She said, her voice filled with enthusiasm.

"Yeah, you guessed right. And I really want to listen the lecture, so can this talk be done later. Please." I told her honestly. I mean, Thermodynamics was always my favourite part in Chemistry.

"Yeah sure." She seemed a bit sad.

"I didn't mean to be rude." I told feeling bad.

"It's okay." She said, and for the rest of the lecture, she was quite.

After the lecture was over, I removed my phone and started going through net. I mean I can do nothing on social networking sites, so it's always google and me.

"Hey, so Scotchy, can we talk now ?" Prachi asked, and I really wanted to say no, but her smile made me to say Yes.

"So, what do you want to talk about ?" Prachi asked.

"Ummm, I don't know. You say." I told her.

"So, let's start from the beginning. I am Prachi Malhotra. I am the head of Cultures Department of our college." She said proudly.

"I am Ruhi Singhania, and I am no one. I mean I prefer to be alone. So..." I didn't complete my sentence, because I don't know how to.

"So Miss I Prefer To Be Alone, wanna be friends with me. Please don't reject me." She said pouting.

"Well, I don't think that you would really wanna be friends with me, so I guess, my answer would be no." I told her, a bit rudely, so that she would leave me alone, because, I can't just trust anyone anymore.

"Rude much, huh. Okay fine by me. But guess what, I won't stop talking to you even then, cause you know what, I know, you really are not someone, who can be rude." She said smirking.

"Uhh." I, couldn't find words to reply.

"See, you don't talk, at least let me know you a bit. Please. So, I am in this college from First Year of B.Sc., but I never saw you. Are you new here ?" She asked.

"I will answer this question of yours, if you won't continue your further investigation. I don't really enjoy talking." I told her dryly.

"Kk, fine." She said.

"So, yes I am new here. I joined in Second Year, I just shifted in this city recently." I told her, and again occupied myself with my phone.

"Ohh." Was the only reply I got, and just then, our Zoology Sir entered.

"Okay class, today I am going to assign each one of you project, but this is to be done in groups." He said, and just as he said so, there started chattering in class, to decide partners.

"Okay, I need silence, because, your partners are already decided. The one sitting next to you are your partners, and guys, you have to do this project because, the marks will be counted in the semesters." He said.

"Also, you have one week for the submission, starting from today. The topic will be Human Reproductive system." He continued.

"So I guess you are stuck with me for the next one week. Lucky you. And I promise, I won't bore you." She said smiling.

"Yeah, I guess. But I can't promise you the same." I told her, not looking at her.

"Don't worry, you will really enjoy my company, and I promise you would come out of that shell of yours." She said grinning.

"Let's see." I said, and started paying attention to what Mr. Roy was saying.

So after school I made my way towards the auto stand. Prachi already took my phone number and said that she would come to my house to start with the work assigned to us.

She said that some relatives were going to visit there, so doing it at my place would be better. And I agreed and told her my address.

When I reached the auto stand, there was already one guy standing there waiting for the auto. I stood beside him. Soon an auto came and we both entered it, and along with us one girl also came.

"Hey Rahul, how are you ?" She said.

"Hi, I am fine. You tell. Who is your partner ?" That guy asked.

"Uhh, don't even talk about her, I mean, she is so irritating. I don't know why I had to sit with her today. I should have sat with you ?" She said winking at Rahul.

"Hmmm, but I am quite happy with my partner. I mean, I am paired with my best friend. And I can't think of a better partner." He said, and I tried my best to hide my laughter.

I mean, that girl's face looked so funny when he said that, and when I looked at her again, I giggled.