1

I was walking along a road, a mysteriously and dangerously silent road during night. I looked around to see if anyone was there for the fourth time, but getting the same results - no one. I was trying to see as far as I could, but there was nothing, only darkness. I was now starting to feel scared, 'Why is there not even a single person here?' This was the only question popping up in my mind.

Suddenly I felt like someone was standing behind me, I looked back to find a group of boys there. I felt relieved that at least there are a few people here and so I continued to walk. Still I couldn't locate my house, and just as I was trying to locate it, I felt a hand on my stomach...

"Ruhi, are you, or are you not going to get up ? I am tired of waking you up. I have a life of my own, and I am really late for something. And guess what, so are you." My brother was shouting.

"Yes I am getting up, what's the time ? And why are you so angry today ?" I asked, still half asleep.

"Ru, I have to meet Esha by 8, and it's already 7:15 now. And that also means you are late for your school." He said and that was when, all my sleep vanished.

I quickly got up, did my morning routine, had a bath, wore black jeans and a loose T shirt, took my bag and I was ready to go within 20 minutes.

"You are fast, I must say that." He said giving me a smile.

"Now come quickly, have your breakfast, I will drop you today." He said.

"I must say, I have the best brother in the world. You know me so well, I bet our pare..." I started and had to stop, because we agreed we would never speak about them ever.

"That is true. You won't find a brother like me anywhere in the world Ru." He said, placing my breakfast on my plate.

"I love you Dhruv, I am so lucky to have you. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't have you in my life." I said genuinely.

"You know, that won't have been a problem, if you knew how to make friends. Just tell me again, how many friends do you have ?" He asked me purposely, because he very well knew the answer.

"One." I said with a small smile.

He literally choked while eating,
"What ?! You, of all people, Ruhi Singhania have a friend !" He said.

"Actually, I was talking about you, Dhruv. I have no one other than you. And I think it will remain like that forever, after that incident." I said, finding no need to complete the sentence.

"Ru, don't you ever say that again. You are going to have friends I promise. Don't say this again, it really hurts me." He said, now sitting on the chair next to me, his arms around my shoulder.

"I am sorry Dhruv. I didn't do it purposely. It just slipped out." I said, my face now in the crook of his neck.
He was moving his hand over my hair, to soothe me, which was actually working. He always knew how to calm me.

"Okay, now it's really late lazy bum, let's go." He said, changing the topic and with his beautiful smile on his face, I always forget all my worries.

"Aye aye captain." I said laughing.

And so we were in his car. He was on the driver's seat and me sitting next to him. But just as he started the car, I became nervous, because, now I had to face school, which means many people and none of them my friends.

"We are here. Hey, you okay ?" Dhruv asked me.

"Hmmm, yes. Yes I am okay. See you later. Bye. And have fun with Esha." I said trying my best to hide my nervousness.

"Ru, you know, you don't have to hide anything from me. This happens everytime I drop you at school. I know you get nervous when you have to face many people, and I understand that, but you know, you can't hide always. You have to come out of your shell one day. But I am not going to force you for that." He said.

"I love you Dhruv, and I know I can't keep hiding, but everytime I am at school, I get scared, nervous and feel that I should not be here. I feel that it will happen again." I said.

"I love you too, Ru and you know what, one day all this, your fear of people, will end. It will take time, but it will happen anyways. I promise." Dhruv said giving me a smile.

"I hope so." I said.

"I think we should just record this one time. I mean, everytime I drop you at school, we have this conversation." He said trying to change the topic.

"Yaa, we should." I said smiling.

"Okay, now bye, you are late already. And me too. Esha will kill me." He said and so I got out of the car quickly, and after saying bye, I made my way to school.

____________________________________

So I hope this was a good chapter and I just want you all to know that, English is not my first language, it's my third language, so I am very sorry for the wrong grammar.

But please tell what do you think about this book, is it interesting enough.

Your suggestions matter a lot... and ...do vote and comment...

See yaa.