Chapter 2 - Damsel in Stress

Reana

To save the lives of the innocent.

I mean the ones being bullied by Phil, which are basically everyone in this fucking school.

Agghhh I hate my life.

Is this what a superhero feels like? Do they regret that they spend their time to save every person in need?

So it's been two weeks after that day, I've been flirting with Phil everytime I see him bully someone. Now, I think he thinks that I like him too. EW.

I'm just doing what I can to prevent him from bullying these poor people. I mean, last time it was Principal Soriano. He siphoned his gas and deflated his car's tires just because he went into detention once again.

Why wasn't I there that time? Ugh. I could've asked Soriano to raise my grades up a little bit for my effort.

But why now. When. He. Beats. The. Crap. Out. Of. This. Kid.

I don't know what to do. Should I just run? Or scream? Or wait wait I know!

I ran to Phil and called out his name. He stopped at what he was doing then he looked at me. I waved at him while I ran and then I suddenly stopped. I pretended to rub my temples just to look like I have a headache and then I purposely fell into the ground like I blacked out or something. It seemed to work though. I heard Phil ran and scooped me in his big muscular arms. How do I know it was Phil? Simple, it sounds like a giant running with a heavy dug-dug-dug-dug.

He carried me all the way to the clinic. I heard him say to the nurse, "Hey, Janet. Be useful for once and take care of Reana."

I've known Janet long enough to know she rolled her eyes as soon as Phil opened his mouth. Well, Janet is my mom's friend and we get visits from her sometimes. She's young by the way, too young to hang out with someone twice her age. But you know, I can't blame her. It's actually fun hanging out with older people because they have so much more wisdom than me. Or that's just my idea of fun.

Anyway, "I'll take care of her." Janet said, and I heard Phil replied, "You better," then he walked away, closing the door.

"You can cut the act now, Ree. What are you doing?"
"But-"
"What do you think you're doing?!" She whispered loudly. Thankfully, no one's in clinic at this hour except us.
"Hear me out, Janet. It's kinda fun if you know how to play your cards," I shrugged. "You know, that's if he doesn't find out."
Janet shook her head, "You can't keep doing this, Ree. Eventually, you'll have to stop before the worst happens."
"And what is that?" I asked.

She eyed me. I know that look, it's her you-know-what-I-mean look.
"No way. Me? Him? Ew. Nu-uh!"
She shrugged, "We'll see."