Chapter 7 - How it went

Reana

I called Sara at six in the morning to ask her a favor.
"Well, well, well. Aren't those the clothes you're wearing last night?" She grins.
"It's not what you think it is ," I said as I pushed my way inside her house. Its the one closest to the school and this is basically my second home.
"I wasn't saying anything," she says, still grinning. "Is that a man's perfume I smell?"
"Maybe," I shrugged.
"I won't let you use my bathroom and lend you my clothes if you didn't tell me what happened last night. Did you even tell your mom you're going to spend the night?"
"No. But I texted her on my way here." I didn't get to say goodbye to Phil when I left his house because he's still asleep. I guess I'll have to apologize for that later.
"Come on, spill the tea, Ree. I want to know how it went last night. Did he kiss you? Did you make out?" Sara asks while I take a shower in her bathroom.
"I will tell you guys later so that I won't have to repeat it again," I said.
"Or you can tell me now so that the two of us can tell the story later," she offers.

And I did.

°°°°

I borrowed Sara's clothes for the day. Even though this is the most decent clothes she has, it still feels as though my cleavage is showing (not that it's big). The shirt's too tight!

Sara drove us to school, just in time for the first subject. Phil's not here yet. Then again, the dude's a dick so I bet he'll come late or ditch this class. But I was wrong. As I sit on my chair, he entered the room and he seems to be looking for something - or someone. Our eyes met, and he smiled.
"Take a seat, Phil," Mr. Charles motioned Phil to sit down. Usually, Phil will say, "I know that, Alex." He always calls the teachers their first name and he mostly gets detention for that.
But Phil doesn't say anything today and just seats on his chair. Oh, god. Though I can't see it, I can feel it in the air that everyone wants to know what happened last night. Everyone's tuned in for my show, Keeping Up with Reana. I guess my heroic acts were distinguished, that everyone wants to know how long I can keep this up.

How long do I want to keep this up?

I brushed the thought. I can think about that some other time. We have more important problems right now, like how my phone keeps on vibrating with messages from Sara, Camille, and Nicole. I turned it off, I'm going to tell them later anyway.

I want to look at Phil. I feel really sorry that I left without telling him. Although his aunt probably told him, but still.

During lunchtime, he kept on glancing at me according to Camille. I guess he wants to know why I left so early. On the other hand, he's been quiet since this morning. He's not attacking anyone today. "And he's smiling. All the time. It's so weird," Jeff, his favorite - uhh target? - says so. Even his friends noticed it too but they don't dare tease him about it.

He walked to our table, "Hey," he says, "can I talk to Reana?" All three of my friends nodded in agreement. But I just sat down.

"Hey. What's up?" I said.
"I was hoping we can talk in private," he says. So I followed him outside the cafeteria where few people hang out. "You weren't at the house this morning," he says seriously. Okay, why am I turned on by that low, serious voice. Damn, focus bitch! "I'm sorry. I left in a hurry because it's a long ride and my mom doesn't know I spent the night with you. Although I thought your aunt told you? She says she'll tell you as soon as you woke up," I explained. He folded his arms and nodded, "She did," he smiles. I didn't hide the surprise on my face, "Then.. you're not mad?"
He shook his head, "No." He laughs, "Actually, I wanted to take you home as soon as you wake up but I overslept, so you don't have to apologize."
I hung my head low to hide my smile, "Regardless," I said, "I feel really bad. Is there anything I can do?"
"Well," he takes a step closer, and whispers, "since everyone's watching, why don't we give them a show?" I didn't protest when he lifts my chin up to kiss me.

Oh boy, I guess I'll have to invite my friends to a sleepover later.