Chapter 4 - Date

Reana

He's going to ditch me. I can feel it. I can feel it in my bones.

And this date doesn't mean anything anyway so why the hell are my friends in my house?

"You should wear red. You know, level up your game," Sara said, "I'll lend you my sexiest red dress just for tonight. Who knows where this night will end?" She winks.

"Ew, Sara. No, she's not going to have sex with him. She'll look cheap. Besides, who puts out on their first date?" Nicole countered. Now, that's my girl. "Although," she turned to me, "you could at least make out with him."

Everyone laughed - except me. Camille's laugh rose above theirs, echoing in my room. She's slapping her knees hard.
"I never thought I'd live to hear you say that, Nicole," she says, wiping tears from her eyes.

There was a knock on the door. "Seems like you're having fun, girls." My mom entered my room.
"We are, Mrs. Stevens. Thank you so much for inviting us," Sara said, and Nicole shot her a look.

"You invited them?!" I asked my mom. I told her about this date with Phil. I always tell her everything, except that this date is just for show. But still, WHY?!?!

She shrugged, "You have a date. And I know you're going to need their help, they have much more experience than you, honey," she smiled. "Just call me when you girls need anything, okay? I'll be downstairs."

She closed the door and I immediately turned to my friends. Before I could say something, Camille spoke. "Before you explode, let me speak. It's not her fault and we're going to come here anyway. You don't have to get mad at your mom. She's really nice." Sara and Nicole nodded in agreement.

"I'm not mad. I'm just surprised. And thank you, you guys, for being here. It's true, though, what my mom said. I would really need your help in this one," I laughed, and they followed in chorus.

"Hey, what time is he coming here?" Sara asked out of nowhere.
"Eight, why?" I said.
She looked at me with horror, "You have one hour."

That was all it took for them to pick out clothes and makeup. It was exactly one hour when we finished.