Chapter 6 - Sleepover pt.2

Reana

This is not what I expected. His kiss wasn't the same as the rumors say it is - aggressive, hard, and lots of tongue. But this kiss is different. It's slow, deep, and earnest. The smell of his perfume, his warmth, and his firm hands on my waist makes it intoxicating. It makes me want more, but the idea of making out in a parking lot especially when you're not inside the car is a bit..well, embarrassing.

He was the first to break the kiss, and honestly I'm a little disappointed. But then again, who wants to watch people making out in front of a restaurant? His skin feels so warm that I forgot I'm only wearing a camisole, and I instantly regret not bringing a coat (damn you, Sara). The cold night breeze hit me like a bucket full of ice, I started to shiver. But then Phil draped his cardigan on my shoulders. "Here, wear this," he says. I wore it. It smells like Phil.

I can't stop sniffing his cardigan during the car ride to the ice cream shop. Of course, I don't explicitly show him that I'm smelling his cardigan, it would look weird. I do it in secret.

"Are you sniffing my cardigan?" Phil asks.
We didn't talk much after the kiss. And I didn't know what to talk about. I'm still thinking about his lips.
I shook my head, "No."
He doesn't reply, he just smiles.

He opened the door for me and he took my hand in his. "Come on. We have a few minutes before it closes." We each ordered a cup- and boy, it's a big cup. I also found out that his favorite ice cream flavor is strawberry. I almost snorted mine when I heard that. "Hey, you're also not allowed to tell this to anybody. Not even your friends," he says. Because this date is not that bad, I promised him I will keep my mouth shut. "And vanilla? Really? Who likes vanilla? It's so plain. Is that even a flavor?" I immediately stopped laughing. "Hey, hey, watch your mouth, kid. Vanilla's the best flavor. You can add other flavors with it and it will still taste delicious."
"Oh, really?" He stops to face me. We're walking around the neighborhood. For some reason, the ice cream shop is located somewhere nice. "Yah," I said. "If you want, you can get some of mine and mix it with your strawberry," I added, challenging him to do so.
"Okay."
Then he
kissed me
with tongue.
"You're right. It's delicious," and he grinned.
I was so shocked that I felt myself blush furiously, so I slapped his arm really hard and walked away really fast so that he can't see how red I am.

Phil is several steps behind me. I already finished my ice cream and my blushing's long gone. And everytime I stop and look at him, he'll do the same. So by the time I reach a really creepy tree, I yelled, "Will you just please get over here?"
The idiot didn't even budge. "Why? Are you scared?"
You have no idea how much big trees scare me at night. "No," I replied.
"Then keep walking," he says.
I don't want to.
I looked back at him and pouted. I'm so scared that I don't have the strength to move my feet. And in just a few steps, he's already beside me. He held me hand and pat my back with the other. We're somehow entangled in an awkward hug. "I'm sorry. I thought you were just joking. Does it really scare you?" He looks at me sincerely.
I nodded. It feels good to be in his arms again. He strokes my hair and says, "You know. My old house isn't far from here." I look at him. That's right, his family moved because of some family drama. "In fact, it's just a few steps from here. Do you want to take a look?"
I said yes. "But we have to pass that tree first."
"Then no."
He laughed. "You'll be fine. You're with me. And besides, that tree is not that scary during the day. Do you know that it's the gem of this village?"
"Whatever. It looks like something will jump at you anytime."
"Then we'll run."
I suppose we could. "Fine. But the moment something comes out from that tree, I will push you first."

So we ran.

"Hurry up, Ree. You're slowing me down," Phil says.
"Oh I'm sorry. You're not the one running in heels," I replied.
We kept on running until eventually we stopped at a house with nice architecture.
It says Forster on the mailbox.
"We're here," Phil says.
"The lights are on. Do you still live here?" I asked.
"Well, my parents don't know what to do with it. I don't really listen to that kind of stuff. But I know it's still ours. Shall we?"
He knocks on the door a few times and a woman let us in. "Aunt Emily? What are you doing here?" Phil asks the woman tying her robe.
"What are you doing here?" She asks, putting on her glasses and glancing at the clock. "And at this hour?"
I hid myself behind Phil a little so that she wouldn't notice me, but her eyes are fast. "Hello, dear. I'm sorry but can you come forward so that I can see you clearly?"
I did what she said, but before I can introduce myself, Phil wrapped his arm around me and said, "Aunt Emily, she's Reana. We're on a date and I was supposed to take her home a while ago but we lost track of time and-"
"You want to stay for the night?" She finished. She looks at me and Phil. "You look like you're a smart girl, Reana. I trust that you already know what to do during these kinds of situation?" She arches a brow. I nodded, "Yes, ma'am," is all I can say.
"Good. You take the guest room downstairs and you," she points at Phil, "go to your room."

I'm getting ready for bed when Phil knocks on the door, "Hey, Aunt Em says to bring you these. Says you should wear something comfortable to sleep."
I thanked him for the clothes and quickly changed. Another knock came, it's Aunt Em. "Are you doing okay?" She asks.
"Oh, yes ma'am. The room's lovely, thank you."
"Phil doesn't usually bring women in this house during dates. I'm just curious. Are you his girlfriend?" I don't intend to be. I mean, I'm just pretending to like him, right?
"No, ma'am. I'm not his girlfriend." Although I wish I am.
She doesn't ask anything more, instead she bid me goodnight and went upstairs to sleep.

I went straight to bed. Ohhh it feels nice and soft. I feel comfortable already. I was about to close my eyes when there's a soft knock on the door.

WHY WON'T THEY LET ME SLEEP.

I opened it and saw Phil. "Phil? I thought you're already asleep," I said. He puts a finger on his mouth, "Shh. Aunt Em's still awake. She might catch us. Will you let me in?" I'm not wearing a bra right now, so definitely (yes) not.
"No. What are you doing here anyway?" I whispered. "I want to see you before I go to sleep," he smiles shyly. I let out a chuckle, he's smooth. "I'm sorry but we're not going to have sex, Phil."
If he's disappointed, he's good at hiding it. "I'm not here for that. I'm just here for this," he kisses my lips so quick that I didn't even feel it. "Good night," he says as he starts to walk away.
"Wait," I grabbed his arm and kissed him. I touch his cheek as I do so. "Good night," I said, breaking away, my hand brushing his hair. He lowers his head to touch his nose against mine, and plants soft kisses on my lips. "How can I sleep after that?" He whispers in between kisses. I can't take it anymore. My body's aching for the bed (and its clean sheets) but I also want to keep making out with Phil but I don't want to let him inside the room, I'm afraid I might lose myself. Oh, what the hell. I pulled him inside and closed the door. He grins. "No, Phil. We're still not going to have sex," I told him. I can't guarantee it but I'll try really really really hard not to put out.
He sits on the foot of the bed and I sit on his lap. I was about to kiss him but he knots his brows and asks, "That's still here?"
"What?" I ask.
"That shirt you're wearing," he smiles, "It's my favorite shirt when I was in fifth grade."
"Oh yeah?" I said, "Well, the shirt's happy to see you too." I wrapped my arms on his neck and kiss him hard and slow. His hands found its way inside my shirt and rest on my waist.

There was a lot of tongue, hands, and biting, and I get to see him take his shirt off. But I assure you we didn't have sex. He went back to his room after I told him I'm sleepy. I feel bad for letting him go but I really can't fight the sleep off my eyes anymore.