Prologue

Prologue: Divorce

1968 

Cynthia's POV: 

Julia and I headed stayed in Italy for a holiday since John wouldn't let us go to New York with him. Julia and I sat down near a pool at the hotel we were staying at.

"Isn't this nice, Julia? Look, now you can go swimming!" I smiled at my five-year old daughter.

Julia's face beamed as she spotted the pool. Julia went jumping into the pool.

"Please, stay on the shallow side, darling! And be careful!" I yelled as Julia splashed in the water.

I giggled at Julia, seeing her excitement warms my heart.

I've decided this vacation should do John some good. Our marriage hasn't been the best so far.

Yes, I know he's slept with other woman including Yoko Ono, but I still love him. I'm doing all of this for Julia and for love. But John seems to be having a hard time connecting with me and his only daughter. 

I turned to my side to see John's friend, Alex, walking towards me.

"Oh, hello Alex! What brings you here?" I smiled at him.

"I've come here with news from John" He strictly said.

I tilted my head, looking at him with confusion as I sat up.

"I'm listening..." I said.

"He is going to divorce you, take Julia away from you and send you back to Hoylake." Alex quickly said, his face not moving a muscle.

Alex suddenly turned around and walked away, stomping his feet like he was a soldier.

My heart instantly dropped, He's divorcing me? Well, he is not going to take Julia away! Not without a fight, he can take everything else away, but he will never take Julia away from me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat in a room with my lawyer, along with John and Yoko.

Yoko now being pregnant.

"Yoko, would you mind leaving the room? I'd like to talk to John alone" I kindly asked.

John pulled Yoko closer to him, "You listen here, Cyn. Can't you see I don't go anywhere with Yoko! And that's because I love her!" He snapped at me.

I slowly nodded, looking down in guilt. Did he not love me?

No, don't think that way, Cynthia. Of course he loved you. I glanced at him. 

He just changed. 

"Due to the drugs we found in your home, Mr. Lennon, custody to Julia Lennon in all rights goes to Cynthia." My lawyer stated.

I small smirk broke out on my face.

John stood up quickly and banged his fist onto the table.

"What?!" He shouted.

In just a few short weeks, I've never noticed that John was so thin. Goodness..  

"Yes, all rights to Julia Lennon belongs to Cynthia Powell. This settlement being you pay 100,000 dollars in a trust fund for Julia for when she turns 21. You will also be giving 2,400 dollars annually." The lawyer said.

John's jaw was slightly opened, shocked to what he was hearing.

Yoko stood up and touched his shoulder, he looked at him, she just nodded slowly.

John looked back at the lawyer, "Fine..." He sighed.

The lawyer slightly chuckled, "It's not a choice, Mr. Lennon. It's the courts order" He said, backing his things and leaving.

I sat there, "I hope you're happy, Cyn" John spat at me.

I shrugged, "You won't be seeing Julia until you both are clean. I don't need her to be around drugs" I sternly said.

John was about to say something until Yoko cut him off.

"We can do that" She said.

John stared at me, as he held Yoko tightly to him. He eyed at me on their way out the door.

I was now there, alone in the room. I stared outside the window, smiling. I have my baby. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: In reality, Julia is Julian and he is a boy.. In this fanfic it'll be a girl, Julia. But her personality will be different than Julian's. So, the only different is, it's a girl and it's not Julian. If that makes sense.