10

Three hours later and we had landed in Lisbon, Portugal and were enroute to the hotel where the boys had moved to after their concert in Porto the week prior. We checked in at the hotel and Gemma called Harry to let him know we had arrived and before we knew it, we were joined in the hotel room by Zayn and Perrie, Louis, Niall and a blonde who was named Thalia, Harry and Liam. It was an overwhelming amount of people for our double hotel room so we moved the party downstairs to the hotel bar.

Gemma and I stood around talking to Thalia and Perrie while the boys bought us some drinks and the conversation changed to their excitement of coming back to London the next week. Sneaky Gemma had failed to mention we were all booked on the same flight back with them.

After we finished a few drinks we headed out into the streets of Lisbon to continue our party. We walked for a while, stopping at a street that was lined with clubs and wandered down, before finally deciding on that was tucked away in a corner. We had seen people ring a bell before entering a building and were instantly intrigued. Harry insisted on ringing the bell and we entered a 2-level club playing a mix of fun pop songs and 80’s music.

Zayn and Perrie, Thalia and Niall and Gemma and Liam headed to the dancefloor leaving me with Harry and Louis.

“Drinks?” I suggested.

“I love the way you think, Gee,” Louis proclaimed as we approached the bar.

Harry rolled his eyes and I swatted his head. He bumped me with his elbow and I kicked his knee and he went tumbling down in a familiar fashion. The boy was too clumsy for his own good and it certainly didn’t help when I was around him adding insult to injury. He picked himself up quickly and glared at me. I offered him a cheeky smile and we ordered drinks.

We ordered a tray of shots and I knew then that was going to be bad news. After we finished the tray, I found myself slightly lightheaded. Thankful I wore sandals that night and a simple green shift dress.

“Pitcher race!” Harry proclaimed, handing me a pitcher of redbull and vodka.

(Note: I know this seems like a lot of alcohol but the tray of shots you order in a club is usually very watered down and like 20% alcohol, 80% mixer. Same with the pitcher. So no, they won’t realistically have alcohol poisoning.)

I groaned. “No, no, no.” I attempted to hand it back to him but he passed one to Louis.

“Afraid you’ll lose?” He teased.

“She hates the brainfreeze she gets afterward.” Harry said, dropping a few straws into my pitcher.

“He’s right,” I said.

“Ready, set, go!” He exclaimed. We stood in a circle, chugging our drink. My head instantly built with pressure as I sucked down the alcohol. When I felt it give way to ice I was relieved and shook it, finishing the little bit that sat at the bottom. I held it up, glancing at both boys who were still drinking.

“I win!” I shouted before placing the pitcher on the counter and holding my head while I waited for the brainfreeze to dissipate.