35

“You’re so freaking loud,” I whined once she came inside. I shut my bedroom door, hoping Louis stayed in there and didn’t come out while Gemma was over.

“Well, if you answered the door, I wouldn’t have to bang and shout to get you to let me in.” She commented. She raised an eyebrow when she saw me shut the door to the bedroom but said nothing.

“What’s up? You want to talk, right?” I asked. I kind of just wanted to get this over and done with so I could go back to bed with Louis. I sat on the couch next to her after she took a seat.

“Yes, Georgia. We need to talk. What the fuck is going on with you? You’re all beat up, you’re drunk all the time, you skipped off from work today and you’re fucking around with how many different men in how many different days?” She exclaimed.

I sighed. “It’s just been a rough weekend.”

She narrowed her eyes at me. “I can’t help you if you don’t talk to me, Gee. What’s going on? Is this all about Harry? Jesus, Georgia, is that what yesterday was about too? Harry?”

I nodded. “I’m trying to get over him. I went over to his house and he basically fucked me around, got me all worked up, told me to tell him I loved him and I did and then he left me. He just walked out after that. Then I find out from Louis he is going around flashing naked pictures of me and saying how he is going to ruin me and what a slut I am. So Harry and Louis got in a fight and I spent the day with Alex Turner and that’s why I’m all bruised up because he likes rough sex and honestly, I’ve been getting so mind-numbingly drunk so I don’t have to deal with all the feelings because my heart is literally breaking, Gemma. I can’t deal with it and I’ve been fucking around with guys so I get my mind off of Harry. Of course, that doesn’t work because I was out with Louis today and we ran into Harry and he was so mean to me so I slapped him and told him I hated him.”

I felt myself beginning to cry again and Gemma wrapped her arm around my shoulders, pulling me close to her. “I guess you and Louis are good again, then,” she said.

I nodded through my sobs and pulled back. “He’s here now. I have feelings for him, too. I just don’t know what to do anymore. I’m sorry I fucked off from work today. It won’t happen again.”

“Shh, Gee. It’s okay. I’m sorry Harry is such an asshole. I just don’t think you are dealing with this the right way. I don’t know what to say about him, he’s been avoiding me all weekend and so far this week and I probably won’t see him until Saturday knowing him.”

Shit. I forgot about Gemma’s engagement drinks on Saturday. Harry would definitely be there.

“You need to quit with the drinking though, Gee. It’s only going to ruin things. It’s no way to face your problems,” she said.

I knew she was right. “I’ll try.”

She pushed my hair back from my face, examining the bruise. “Is he abusing you?”

“No! Gem, I told you it’s from the sex. We just got a little carried away.”

She rolled her eyes. “So, Louis?”

I nodded. “He came over the other day and told me about what Harry had said and how he didn’t want me out of his life. I don’t know what’s going on, but I do have feelings for him, Gemma.”

She sighed. “I think it’s probably best if I don’t comment on that right now.”

I offered her a small smile and she returned it. She pressed a kiss to my forehead. “Everything will get better, though. I know it will.”

I bit my lip. “I don’t know if you’re right, Gemma. Things are just too far gone. He.. broke my heart.”

“Georgia, you two have been doing this back and forth nonsense with both of each other for how long? I told you to give him some space but you didn’t listen to me.”