19

I decided to not venture out into the world again until Monday morning and I woke up feeling refreshed. I dressed in a brand new pair of luxe leather leggings and an oversized plaid shirt finishing it off with a fur gilet. I added my high heeled ankle boots and stepped out of the house, stopping at Ginger & White to pick up a coffee for Gemma and I.

I was in a wonderful mood, humming to the new music I had downloaded as I walked into the shop, calling out a hello to Gemma. I dropped the coffee in my hand.

I heard someone cry out and rush over with a rag to clean it up before offering to go out and get more coffee. I mumbled a yes and a thank you, seeing nothing but red at this moment. Oh no, let me clarify, seeing nothing but pink and blue and purple.

Gemma came out. "Don't kill me, please! I didn't have a choice."

I narrowed my eyes. "No choice?"

"He begged me. He had something to take care of today and tried to get out of it but couldn't so he asked if she could hang out at the shop today. He said it would give us a better chance to know her without the cloud of doubt that was him hanging over us."

"I'm taking a personal day today, Gemma." I turned on my heel and began to walk out of the shop.

"No, you're not. Gee, stop. You're not going to win his attention if you act like a bitch and are mean. You have to be better than that. You acting like she's the worst thing is only going to push him towards her more."

Gemma was right. Damn her. "Fine. One day! I don't want this to be a frequent thing this week."

"I'll do what I can."

If I could just mute her when she spoke and dye her hair a normal color, she wouldn't be that bad at all.

She wasn't a complete idiot, only about 90%. Gemma had to resort her to folding clothes after she tried to give fashion advice and scared off three customers.

"So, Gee, Gemma, should I go get us some lunch? I think it's the least I can do for you guys since you're letting me hang out with you!" Charlie asked later on that afternoon.

"Yes, please. Thanks Charlie. Here's some cash. I'll just have whatever their salad of the day is, Gee do you want the same?"

"Uh, yeah whatever that's fine." I called from the back room.

I heard the shop bells tinkle indicating Charlie had left and sighed. I had avoided conversation with her all morning and thankfully she or Gemma hadn't pushed me to talk. I found myself zoning out when Charlie reappeared later.

"Here you go, Gee." She handed me a bag and a can of soda.

"Harry told me you like diet coke."

"Oh, really?" I replied sarcastically. "What else has he told you about me?"

Her eyes widened at my harsh tone. "Not that much, really. Just that you guys are best friends. He's never said anything bad about you if that's what you were wondering."

"You're just a passing fad. I've seen plenty of girls like you come and go in Harry's life so don't get too comfortable." I commented.

She stated at me and Gemma came in catching the tale end of what I had said.

"Georgia!" She reprimanded me.

I glared at her. "What?"

"I'm sorry, Charlie. Gee has just been under a lot of stress lately. We all have. Were all delighted you're here." She led Charlie out of the room and glared at me. She shook her head but said nothing more after my outburst.