40

Me: I should get into Doncaster around 8:30. Rented a car so I’m driving

Louis: We have lots to talk about

He sent me a screenshot of a picture the paparazzi had snapped of Harry and I from the night before

Me: I know, I’m sorry

Louis: I’ll see you when you’re here, Gee

I sighed and walked out of the shop. Gemma had left early to go to the venue to plan last minute arrangements for her drinks the next day. She was finally talking to me but she had told me she thought I was an idiot and still thought I should be with Harry.

I unlocked my rental car, having picked it up that morning before work. I plugged the address Louis had given me into the GPS and started the long journey towards Doncaster. I listened to music the whole way, trying not to think about the very awkward conversation that I would soon be having with Louis. It drove me insane to think that I had willingly put myself in this situation but I thought about all that I had been through. If Harry had just admitted his feelings earlier, perhaps we would never be in this situation. But, if I had never come up with the challenge either, none of us would be in this situation. It was all my stupid doing.

I pulled up in front of a house that was brightly lit in Christmas decorations and checked the address. I had totally been oblivious to the fact that it was December and Christmas was in exactly 20 days. I made a mental note to call my mother and figure out what the plans were for Christmas. I hadn’t spoken to her in over a month and she was most likely worried about me since I hadn’t returned any of her calls lately. I was the worst daughter, too.

I texted Louis to let him know I had arrived and he came out of the house, trailed by a few others.

“Hi Georgia!” A chorus of girls said.

I smiled at them. “Hi! You must be, Lottie, Daisy, Fizzie and Phoebe!”

They all noddd and introduced themselves. Louis raised an eyebrow at me at knowing a few of his siblings names.

“I did some research,” I said.

He smirked and pulled me close to him in a tight embrace. “Girls, give us some space.” He told his sisters.

“I didn’t realize I was meeting your whole family,” I said.

He shrugged. “Now’s as good of a time as ever, I suppose.”

I shivered, despite his warm embrace, realizing how cold it was in Northern England as opposed to London.

“Let’s go for a walk,” he suggested.

“Okay,” I replied.

He tugged my hand and pulled me down the pathway and away from the house. We entered the neighborhood and walked around.

“So, you and Harry are friends again?” He finally said, breaking the silence.

“Yeah, that’s kind of what I wanted to talk to you about,” I said.

“I figured as much. But, Georgia, if you came all the way up here to tell me you don’t want to see me anymore, you could have waited until I was back in London.”

I stopped and grabbed his hand. “I don’t want to not see you anymore. But things have become more complicated. Harry told me he loved me.” I said.

I saw sadness flash across his eyes and he processed the thought. He was still wearing his glasses and despite the darkness, he looked so endearing and sexy and delicious. His thick brown coat covered his outfit but his hat let out a bit of the fringe he had.