27

I wasn't going to go. I told myself I wasn't going to go but yet as I stood in front of the familiar gate pressing in the familiar numbers to unlock the gate, I couldn't help myself. I was so angry. But I also wanted to see him. It seemed like no matter what I did, I could not escape my feelings for him or the drag that kept pulling me back to him. It was almost like I was the ocean and he was the sand and we were bound to come into contact with each other either in a gentle kiss of lapping waves or the crash of an angry storm against an already battered coastline. Although, in this case, I was definitely the angry wave. I wouldn't define his as a battered coastline though. Perhaps a deserted island.

I hadn't heard from him since he had gotten back to London recently. For some reason I thought he was supposed to be gone longer than he was. I only knew he had been back because I had signed myself up for star sightings and tracked his movements around the globe. Of course, if anyone asked I would deny, deny, deny and say it was in case someone older and less musically inclined like Leonardo DiCaprio was ever found in London.

I glanced up at his house after I quietly shut the gate behind me and saw a light on and I knew he was home. His car was also in the car park next to his house and he had been on this kick of being environmentally friendly lately. Who could deny him what with global warming and all that? It would be wasteful to not have a light on if he wasn't home, right?

I unlocked the front door with my key and told myself this was the last time I would be here no matter how this exchange went. In my mind, it was only
going to go one way. I was going to bitch him out, maybe throw around a few curses to really prove my point and then be on my merry way for five minutes with my self satisfaction. But then, I knew I would be upset and back to my misery of trying to get over him. It didn't come easy for me. But it would be easy once I said what I came to say so I had that off of my chest. I made a note to leave the key once I had finished yelling at him.

I pulled said key out of my pocket and unlocked the front door, closing it quietly. Why did I feel so nervous all of a sudden? I had been in this house thousands of times. I didn't hear the familiar sounds of him cooking, but I checked in the kitchen and he wasn't there. I checked in the living room and he wasn't there. I wandered around the bottom floor of his barely lit house. He wasn't in his video game lair nor his tiny gym that went unused.

I went upstairs and peered into the bedroom. His bedroom was right at the top of the stairs. It was stupid if you asked me, because if I were a celebrity I would have my bedroom be on the main floor where everything was in walking distance. Either that or I would hire someone to live in permanently and fetch me things. Like chocolate. Or change the Bluray player from season 3 to season 4 of Buffy.

The idiot also left his door cracked. Another thing I wouldn't do if I was a celebrity. But then I remembered it's not like people would just be coming in his house. It was usually only people who had keys or were invited. I fell into one of the two categories but I knew I wasn't exactly invited at this moment. The lights were off except for a dim light coming from his attached bathroom. I flicked the lights on, blinding myself and saw him sit up, covering his eyes to shield them from the light. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, opening his mouth slightly when he saw me. His lips parted as he opened his mouth to say something and I wanted to shove my tongue in-between his plush lips and listen to him groan out my name. But I quickly pushed those thoughts aside as the storm that had been brewing inside of me was released and maybe, in that moment, with Harry looking as vulnerable as he did, he would be the battered coastline because I sure as hell was the angry wave right now.

"You asshole! What the fuck is your problem? I hope you're happy because I'm miserable now and this is all your fault. You knew I liked Louis and this whole thing was just a game to you. You've never cared about my feelings and you've always been so selfish. I don't know how I never realized it before now. How dare you tell him that he was just a prize? People have feelings and you can't just keep fucking with people's emotions, Harry. You're not always going to be famous and you're not always going to have the world handed to you on a silver platter. You may be idolized right now but one day your actions are going to come back to haunt you because karma is a bitch and I'm not going to be there to help you clean up the pieces when your heart gets broken."