The Good and The Bad: Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Cloud 9

We sat in office for about six hours now and I was slowly but surely losing my mind. I have played every game possible in the app store, listened to music, read some books but I was just bored.  Still is. 

He was on the phone with someone as he stood up and walked over towards me. "Yeah thank you." and with that he hung up. 

"Are you done now?" I asked him as he sighed. 

"Sadly, no but I am taking a break. My feet are killing me and I have a headache. I just want to get out of here and relax with you.." he replied as I nodded. 

"Are you hungry?" he asked me walking to a mini fridge, which was filled with a whole bunch of food. 

"Nah, I can wait. I'm honestly not that hungry.." I told him as he rolled his eyes. 

'Yes you are. You didn't eat breakfast and it's almost three in the afternoon. He grabbed me a ham and cheese sandwich wrapped in clear wrapping, some chips and a water bottle. I thanked him as I opened up the water bottle and started to drink and eat my sandwich. I was in my own little world when I started to smell something, as I looked up and see him smoking a blunt. I looked at him tensely as he put the blunts between his lips, then exhaled as the smoke exited out of his nose and mouth.

I would be lying if I said that he wasn't hot right about now. I remember the first time he smoked.. honestly that was my first time also. And I swore up and down that was my first and last time smoking it.

"C'mon Janae it ain't that bad.." Damien replied as one of the seniors at our school rolled the blunt as I shook my head.

"No, I'm good. I'm just here to make sure you don't sell your kidney or something like that.." I replieds sucking my lollipop. 

"He's right Janae. This shit will have you on another level of life.." he replied lighting it up. He smoked it, letting it go through his nose then breathing it out. He passed it to Damien as he took a puff and started to cough as the boy patted his back. 

"Eh. Weak lungs. Give it a couple of more times and it'll be like your floating on clouds my guy..." he trailed off. I could tell by his red bloodshot eyes, and his slurred speech that dude was already stoned to the core. 

Damien did it a couple of times, until he was smoking it like an actual stoner. 

"Come try it Nae.." he replied reaching the blunt out for me to reach. I wanted to try it out, so I did it. It felt like this shit was going down my esophagus and setting it on fire as I started coughing.

"Cough it up young one... it'll be better."

Long story short we got hella high. And I didn't like that shit at all. I was paranoid, scared, and doing things all in slow motion. It felt like I had no control of my body what's so ever. 

"Janae!" I heard Damien scream my name as I looked at him swallowing the piece of sandwich I had in my mouth. 

"My bad, you were saying something?" I asked him as he chuckled nodding. He walked over to where I was with the blunt in his hand. He took the sandwich out of my hand taking a bite as he handed me the blunt. 

"Try it." he told me. I was a little hesitant but what could their honestly be something to be paranoid about. I held it for a couple of seconds not before coughing it back up. He chuckled as he took a sip of water.