Chapter One

I'm a new student here in Neo Culture Technology University, better known as Neo Tech University. I'm in my 9th grade this year.  

My name's Jie Lyn, 15 years of age.  I transferred to this school because I wanted to prove something to my parents and to run away from depression.  Neo Tech is kind of far from home, so I chose to go to this school.

Entering this university is not that hard, especially if you have talents.  They require a really high tuition fee.  Let's say...  $50,000? That's the tuition fee.  Miscellaneous expenses are not yet included.  But they let you in free when you pass their audition.

They hold an audition for singing, dancing, acting and modelling.  I auditioned for singing 'cause I'm more confident in doing that.  

Neo Tech has three buildings.  Their very first building that's "The Building United" or known as "Building U", "Building 127" and the very recent building, the "Building Dream".  

I was admitted to Building Dream because of my age.  Building U is for the foreign students, the Building 127 is more of the modelling students because of their visuals and lastly, the Building Dream is for Students who are teenagers.  

Inside every building contain top students who surpasses talents.  Each of them has the ability to sing, to dance, to act and even model.  

I'm new here but I know this University quite a lot.  Many wished to get in here yet some do not pass the requirements needed and I know I'm lucky enough to even get in.

Neo Tech University has their own top students.  If a lot of schools expect girls to be on top well, this school doesn't.  From the first rank to 18th, which is the last rank are all boys.  

No girl has ever been in the rank since this university started.  I don't wish to be included in the rank but I know there's nothing wrong to even try and do well so that when I come back home for the summer break, I know I'll be able to slap something on my mom's face.  I'll set my name in this school and make history for me being the first ever girl to be in the rank.

At this time, I'm walking on my way to school.  The school gave me a dorm with no one living there so unfortunate me has no friends yet and has to walk alone. 

I looked around while walking on the quiet pavements, seeing the very bright sunlight shining down on the trees just makes me sigh.  It's been a while since I last went home.

I know I'm still too young to live out alone at my age but who cares? This is my life.  Plus, a very sweet lady had offered me a job when I left home so that I could support my own.  

My parents? Since my mom is the breadwinner, they kind of kicked me out of the house when I got into a really bad fight with my mom in the past and left home.  I was 14 turning 15 that time.

"Hey! Watch out!" I was startled by the sudden scream behind me and looked behind then a hard thing fell on my head.

"Ouch!" I said.  Two girls quickly rushed beside me and rubbed the back of my head.

"I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to throw it to you! I swear!" She said worriedly while still rubbing the back of my head.

I looked at them and smiled, reassuring them that it was okay.

"It's okay" They stopped rubbing my head and smiled sweetly at me.  

The girl with the cat's eye offered me a handshake.

"Hi! I'm really sorry.  I'm Hina." Then the girl with a very gently look also offered her hand.

"Yes, I do apologize for my clumsiness a while ago.  My name's Herin by the way." I accepted their handshakes and Introduced myself.

"It's nice to meet you Hina and Herin, I'm Jie, Jie Lyn.  Are you guys sisters?" I know they don't look-a-like but hey! some sibling don't really look-a-like so I got curious.

"No we're not.  We're just roommates.  Where is your roommate by the way?" Hina asked me

"No roommates yet.  Neo Tech gave me a dorm with no people in it." They both looked surprised when I mentioned Neo Tech

"So you're the new student Neo Tech announced?! Welcome! We're actually Neo students! We're in Building U, what about you?" Herin excitedly asked me then we started walking the same path.

"Aww, I would really love to be with you guys.  You guys are so lovely but I was admitted to Building Dream." They both made a cute sad face and held my hand.

"We can hang out every recess, lunch and free time! All buildings have the same time so... We'll also introduce you to the others!" Hina said

Her statement made me smile.  Finally! I'm gonna have new friends!  I guess my first day isn't that bad after all.

"Sure! I'd love to meet them."

"We're also friends with some idiots there, we'll also let you meet them when they're free.  Besides, they always hang out with us whenever they can.  They miss us real fast." Herin said laughing

"There are idiots there? I thought that Neo Tech's for like, some elite or something?" Hina and Herin laughed and looked at me

They answered me at the right time because we already arrived at Neo Tech.

"Oh you might think they're real elite smart asses but they're actually idiots.  Big time idiots."

I then looked at the three huge buildings before me and smiled.  

I can do this!

******************

Note: Hi guys! This story is for international fans! I know how it feels when you search for an NCT story but there are really few stories because most of them are written in different languages that you can't understand.

This is the first time I will ever write a story again in english.  I've deleted most of my stories for personal reasons and I hope we can really connect through this stories.  

I hope you guys like this!  Let's support NCT more!!