Chapter Six

More than 2 days passed and I'm ready to go back to Neo Tech.  Well, I do hope everything will be fine though. 

It's Friday and I'm walking towards University.  I was quietly walking until someone yelled my name.  Upon calling me, I stopped my tracks and looked behind.

There I saw the girl I helped days ago.  Greeting her with a smile while she suddenly looked down.

"Hi! It's nice to see you." I told her as I got close to her.

She bowed and only shook her head making me confused and curious.

"After what I've put you in, you're still happy to see me? you're even nice to me?" I was surprised at what she had said.  Why would I not be happy to see her? she did help me after the fight.

"You didn't want me in that position.  Nothing was your fault.  I butted in remember? I needed to help you, so I did!" She was still not looking up

"Hey, I'm fine now.  I'm not dead! plus, you helped me.  Thanks to you Lami, my wounds were healed early." She then looked at me.

Her eyes full of regret and guilt. 

I didn't want her to feel bad so I put my arm on her shoulder and walked with her since we're going to the same direction.

"I'm really sorry.  May I know who you are?"

"I'm Jie Lyn.  Just call me Jie though." She nodded and went quiet again.

"You still have a bruise on your face and some scratches are still visible..." I hushed her and shook my head.  I'm fine now anyways.

"Why were they bullying you?" She looked suddenly embarrassed.

"I'm not really sure I can trust you."

"Well you can trust me.  But if you really can't say it yet, it's fine.  Don't force yourself.  Just call me if they'll ever bully you again."

"Then what? get you hurt again? No way!" We both giggled

"They bullied me because I used to be close with NCT." I quickly look at her while she looked down.

"Really?! Well, If you used to be close with them, you must be close to Herin and the girls back then." She gave me a small smile and nodded.

"I was really close to them! All of them! Specially Haechan." She toned down when she mentioned Haechan...

"What happened? Why are you suddenly distant to them?" She heaved a sigh and told me everything.

"You probably already know what NCT is and who is NCT.  The batch of NCT today is the only group to ever reach 1st and the first NCT batch in Neo Tech to ever stay strong so they became really popular.  Too popular! NCT doesn't really have time for games and fun because they're always busy.  But when Koeun came, she instantly became friends with them because she's Doyoung oppa's cousin." She paused for a while then continued.

"Then Koeun met Hina and Herin then Yiyang and Ningning then She met me.  We all became close.  Since she's close to both us and NCT, We too became close with NCT.  I used to be close to Haechan.  Herin is super close with Mark.  Hina is really close to Jaemin, Yiyang doesn't really talk to them because they're too noisy and Ningning is close to Renjun.  I saw you the last time and you seem to be really close to baby chick!" We both laughed.

"Who's baby chick?" I asked while laughing

"Jisung"

"A lot of girls were really jealous of us.  They couldn't hurt them because they were already close to Koeun that time while I was just recently added to the group.  But we were all close!  I was threatened by the bullies.  They told me to stay away from them or else they will also bully the other girls and take NCT down.  I didn't want any of those to happen.  I chose to stay away just for their happiness and safety because they're special to me."  I smiled at her

It must've have been hard for her.

We finally arrived at the campus.  I was about to take Lami with me to the coffee shop but she immediately took my arm off her and ran away.  I tried to call her but she ignored me.

She drifted away from them....

I walked alone to the shop and found only a few of them sitting there.  Mainly Sushi guy and the Dream members.  The girls were not here. 

Sushi noticed me and quickly stood up shocked and surprised.

"What happened to you man? Who did that to you?!" His expression changed.  The dreamers looked at me and did the same as what Sushi did.

Jisung and Jaemin immediately run to me and examined my face.

Jisung was clearly disappointed and Jaemin was really angry.

"Who did that to you?" Jaemin's tone was really scary now...

I can't tell them I just saved the life of their old friend...

"I-I just got into an accident! I fell onto the ground while I was running and cratched my face." Jisung looked calm now but Jaemin was still angry.

He held my hand and pulled me by the tree where nobody can hear us.

"You expect me to believe you? The scratch lie is convincing, but seeing you with a black  bruise as if someone pinched you really hard was not.  Tell me, who did that to you?" I'm getting frustrated! I don't know what to tell him!

"It's an accident! Why won't you believe me?!" He just heaved a sigh and took me back to the shop

But before we reach the shop, he told me something.

"You can lie Jie, but you should remember that I will get who ever did that to you."