Chapter Twenty Five

My heart pounded as Jeno and I stood in front of a very familiar Royal Blue gate.  I'm about to face my family who I left for a while.  

Jeno noticed my nervousness so he held my hand and kissed it. 

"I'm here.  It's going to be alright." I gave him a nod and pressed the doorbell

"Good morning, this is the speaker of the Lyn clan.  How may I help you?" I heard Raven, the Head House-maid ask through the speaker.  I smiled upon hearing her demanding voice again.

"Hi Raven! It's Jie.  May I come in?" I replied.  It took a little while before she answered to me again and to my surprise, she appeared when the gate opened.

"It has been a while child! I worried for you every single day! Do you know how many times I tried to cook your favorite food in the middle of the night wondering if you'd come back at that time?" Raven told me and hugged me tight.  She even sniffed me!

"Oh child, I missed you so much!" She said tearing up.  

Raven grew up with my mom and eventually became my mom's nanny.  When mom had us, Raven became our family's Head house-maid.  She's been with me ever since I was a little toddler.  

She looked behind me and her expression darkened.  Raven was quick to put me behind her.  Jeno flinched when Raven pointed a finger at him.

"You! Who are you? Have you come to break my girl's heart?" Raven asked sounding really scary to Jeno.  Oh I hope he forgives me for Raven's old school remark. She's just really protective.

"N-no ma'am! I-I came w-with Jie" Jeno replied stuttering which I find very cute.

"Raven, he's Jeno.  He's Lee Jeno, my boyfriend." Raven immediately turned to look at me

"What?! Do you not understand that your parents do not want you to have a boyfriend until you graduate?" I sighed.  Even if Raven loves me, she will always choose my parents.  There are still times that she won't take my side to support me.

"We don't even know if I will graduate Raven." She fell silent, even Jeno.  Raven looked at me worriedly.

"Did you fail class? Did you get kicked out? Are you suspended hmm? Answer me child." I shook my head and smiled at Raven

"You just talk a lot that's why I said those words.  I'm doing good in class don't worry.  What we're dealing with is my feelings and nobody can make me break up with Jeno." That was the last thing that came out of my mouth before pulling Jeno close to me and Raven escorted us inside the house.

The mood was surprisingly light.  The house guards, driver, and maids greeted and welcomed us.  

"I'll leave both of you here.  There are many things to do.  Sir Gerardo and Ma'am Wen will see you in a moment." Raven said before bowing and returning to work.

"Wow! You're actually super rich!" Jeno said sounding really amused

"Nah, it's my parents that are rich not me." I told him

A figure of a man wearing a maroon polo shirt and white shorts approached us.  His gaze darted towards Jeno.  A woman wearing a Rubellite Sleveless Dress followed him also darting her gaze to the guy next to me.

I scooted over to Jeno and clung to his arm making them look confused and shocked.  They can't just stare at Jeno as if they want to strangle him. 

Mom and Dad sat in front of us and Jeno sat straight uncomfortably.  They are seriously annoying me! They're staring at Jeno as if they don't want him here!

"So, you came here with a boy" Mom started off still staring at Jeno.  I rolled my eyes and faced them

"First of all, can you please stop staring at him like that? It's making the both of us uncomfortable.  And yes, I came here with my boyfriend." I saw Jeno blushed but my parents freaked out

"Jusmiyo Marimar kang bata ka! Aatakihin ang puso ko sa ginagawa mo! Anong pumasok diyan sa utak mo't naisipan mong gawin 'yan?!" My mom yelled in her language.  I'm pretty sure that she's angry because she's doing that alien language again.

"Why didn't you tell us about this?!  You came here just to announce this?! How dare you young lady!"Dad also yelled.  I felt like crying.

I think Jeno read my mind and felt what I was feeling.  He held my hand and squeezed it gently.

"I'm sorry to interrupt Ma'am and sir but she came here for a reason.  I didn't get your daughter pregnant so please stop reacting like that.  We came here to let you know that my family is inviting you to our Christmas Feast along with some other friends of mine and their families." Jeno butted in.

My parents went silent and glanced at me.  My mom raised her brow and faced me with sophistication.

Damn! These parents of mine just won't back down and understand!

"Well, If that is the case, okay.  We will meet your family on Christmas." Mom said before standing up and leaving dad with us.

Dad looked at me and shook his head.

"I thought that I'll be smiling very wide when you come back.  I guess I was wrong.  I'm very disappointed in you Jie." Dad said gloomy.

He stood up without looking at me then left just like mom.

When they were both out of sight, tears came racing down my cheeks and Jeno tried to stop them.

That day, I felt horrible and worthless.  What did I even do wrong? Is it wrong to fall in love? 

Well, I'm sorry because I can't not love Jeno.