Chapter Seventeen

JAEMIN

I'm lying here on my bed thinking about Jie and why did that Felix dude attacked me.  I'm worried about Jie.  Why did she ended up in the hospital and how come Felix knows?

She could've been so angry with herself because she had hurt Jenny that she  tried to kill hers---

NO!!

I sat up immediately after thinking such a thing.  How could I?!

"What's the matter with you?" Chenle asked me and sat beside me.

I only looked at him for a short time then looked at the ground. 

What the fuck is happening to me?

"Oh, by the way... Haechan told Jeno what happened between you and Felix." I was about to say something when he didn't let me speak.

"Don't worry, our hyungs won't know." I nodded relieved.  I don't want this to be the reason of Straykids and NCT's fight.

Chenle looked troubled when he sat beside me again.  He reached for his pocket but he didn't get anything.  I was about to ask him what's his problem when he talked first, AGAIN.

"Have you seen my phone?" I shook my head no and looked at him in disbelief.  How come he doesn't know where his phone is when he's the only one using it?

"Can you ring it for me? I really need my phone, I'll die if I can't find it." Chenle looked at me with pleading eyes.  I rolled my eyes and smiled at him.

"Bye Chenle~ I hope you find a new phone in heaven." I told him and he just glared at me.  We then heard a notification ring somewhere.  

We tried to track down where the sound came from and found it under the study table.  

"My phone!!" Chenle screamed in high pitch.  I covered my ears due to his very VERY loud voice.

Once he opened his phone, his smile immediately disappeared.

"What? Don't tell me that's not your phone.." I told him.  It's because him and Jeno have the same phone and me and Jeno are Dorm mates.  He could've picked Jeno's phone since he also forgets where he leaves his phone

His expression was different than I thought.  He looked at his phone annoyed so I decided to stand up and take a look at what's on the screen.

I saw a picture of Jenny and Jeno kissing! It was uploaded by a Neo Tech student in Facebook.  It was clear that she was shocked because of her caption.  I snatched the phone away and read some comments.

'I knew they would date!'

'So sweet~ I wish I was her~'

'I'm so jealous! But they look good together so I'll just support them.'

'Jeno deserves someone better'

'I thought Jeno and Jie are dating?'

'Is he cheating on Jie or they broke up?'

My brows furrowed on what I'm reading.  Jeno and Jie must've been so close that people are already misunderstanding them as a couple.  But the real situation here is that how come Jeno never told us anything about dating Jenny?

We knew he liked Jenny ever since he met her but he's been different lately.  Back then, he would always be with her, he'll pour all of his time with her even if Jenny's dating someone.  That's how stupid and madly he's in love with her.  Thou, we never really liked Jenny for Jeno.

She's the type of girl who wants to get whatever good someone has.  Jenny would always embarrass those people who are in the lower class than her.  In short, she's a bully and her head's stuck in space.  I don't like that kind of attitude.  No guy would ever have a good life with a girl like that. 

I'm gonna have to talk to Jeno later and ask him.

"I can't believe he's dating her! Can't he see that we don't like Jenny?!" Chenle asked annoyed and plopped down on the bed.  

"Let Jeno be.  Let's just support him where he's happy." Chenle rolled his eyes on me and I just shook my head. 

JIE

Felix came in the room after a while when Jeno left.  I don't know where Hyunjin and Chan went but they didn't enter my room anymore.

"Hey, what's wrong? Did you cry?" He asked worriedly.  I couldn't answer him because it's already obvious because of my red nose.  

He caressed me hair gently, put some strands at the back of my ear and hummed a song softly.  

I felt every single tune he was humming.  I felt safe, loved and cared for.  This was the feeling that I wanted to feel when I left home.  

His humming stops.  I looked at him only to find him smiling at me.

"You look really beautiful when you're relaxed." I suddenly became shy at his statement but I thanked him for the complement.

"Your doctor told me that you can already be discharged tomorrow as long as you put your prescribed medicine on your wounds so that it won't get infected, don't be stressed and take some rest.  You can go to school whenever you feel like going." I nodded and smiled at him.

Felix has always been so kind to me.  If I met him first, will I fall for him instead of Jeno? Will I be hurt and end up like this? Will I be happy with him? So many thoughts ran in my mind yet one thing's for sure.

I'll stay with Jeno and the others.  I'll take every pain those people that will give me and I will take the risk just to be with NCT Dream.  I've grown close to them, to the point that I just can't leave them.  I'm already attached.

I heard a ringtone and looked at Felix.  He fished out his phone in his pocket and opened it.

His eyes widened upon seeing his phone, I got curious that's why I asked him what's wrong.  He looked at me nervously.  Not knowing if he should or shouldn't give me his phone..

"It's just Jeno." I tilted my head, getting more curious.

"Why? What's with Jeno? Did something happen?" He shook his head and hid his phone standing up immediately.

"I'll be back before you know it." Those were his final words before storming out of the room. 

What the hell was that all about?