Chapter 01

I still remember when Taehyung claimed he was cheating. He was so blunt about it. We haven't dated long, it would've been five months yesterday, but we broke it off. Why does it hurt so bad? Now I understand why everyone hates cheaters. The rest of the group has been great! Everyone did their best to make me feel better, even Suga, which is odd, yet I feel so loved and adored.

"(Y/n)? You dozed out on me!" Namjoon waved his hand in front of my face, trying to get me to focus back on the song I was writing for their new album, Her.

"Sorry Namjoon, what were you saying?"
"Aish, (Y/n), we were talking about DNA."
"Oh right! Well I think that in the past Jinnie didn't get much singing time, so he should be more included in this song, not just as a backup."

Namjoon wrote some things down on his notepad and did a smile.

"You're always so blunt about things."
"Rather give it to you straight."

Namjoon wrote again on his notepad and tore a piece of the paper off, handing it to me.

"Come over tonight, we can sit in my song room and think about what we want to do for this song. Besides, Taehyung said he wouldn't be there tonight, so it's perfect. Jungkook and Jimin will be there too."

I took the paper and smiled to myself. If everyone in the group Jimin and Jungkook were my besets friends, Namjoon coming in a close third, close to Jinnie.

"Sounds great! What time should I come over?"
"Around 5 or 5:30 is fine, or you can come at 7 or 8 if you need more time to get ready."
"7 sounds good, gives me enough time to actually shower and eat."
"When's the last time you ate (Y/n)?"
"Eh, a day or two ago. I think I had a muffin. I haven't showered since yesterday morning."
"Taehyung really did a number on you, huh?"
"Yes. Very much so."

Before we focused too much on the topic, I got up and grabbed my keys.

"7 o'clock sharp, I'll be there!"

I gave Namjoon a pointer and left. When I got to my apartment, I got in the shower and thought. Thought about a lot of things. Love exists right? Is there still a chance for me?

Of course there is, (Y/n)! You're beautiful!

Man that was an awful pick-me-up.

I got out and brushed my hair, and my teeth. I changed into something comfortable, so I figured I'd wear a big cream
sweater and some plain black skinny jeans, I grabbed a pair of black sneakers and put on a headband to keep hair out of my face.

I heard my doorbell ring, I skipped over to the door and got it, standing in front of me was a worried Jimin. Oh God.

"(Y/N)! NAMJOON TOLD ME YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TAKING PROPER CARE OF YOURSELF! IF YOU NEEDED FOOD YOU KNOW YOU COULD JUST COME TO ME! (Y/N) YOU DON'T KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS!" Jimin yelled as he hugged me really tight.

"Okay Jimin, you can let me go now."

Jimin let me go and saw my outfit, he smiled. I knew why, he loved it when I dressed more comfortably.

"When was the last time you ate?"
"Yesterday or the day before, it was only a muffin though."
"I'm getting you something to eat before we go to Namjoon's."

I got in the car and giggled at Jimin's need to take care of me. He's been my best friend since I started writing songs for BTS.

We stopped at McDonalds and grabbed something for everyone, since no one else ate much today. We ordered extra food so that way if someone was extra hungry they could eat more.

"So, what are you and Namjoon working on?"
"It's a song, it will be called DNA."
"What's it about?"
"About how someone falls in love with someone, and thinks it's in their DNA to be together. Hobi loved the idea, he's already working on choreography."
"I love it."
"How about your intro?"
"Haven't thought about what to make the song about."

After our small conversation we pulled up to Namjoon's house, where Namjoon and Jungkook were sitting on the porch waiting. Jimin and I got out of the car with 4 bags of McDonalds, Namjoon gave me a concerning look. I looked back in questioning.

I saw Taehyung walk out the door of the house. He wore his favorite black button up shirt, black skinny jeans, and a pair of black boots, and his hair was pushed to the side.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry, for everything I did." Taehyung touched my shoulder and rubbed it for a bit of sympathy, but I hated him even looking at me.

I brushed his hand off and gave him a dirty look, "if you were sorry, then why'd you do me like that?"

"Well, (Y/n), you're not good enough for me."

My heart crushed. I snapped into a state of depression, and you could read it all over my face. Jimin dropped the McDonald bags and flicked Taehyung's forehead.

"You idiot! She's perfect in every way! She's been nothing but nice to you, and she was by your side even when you showed up at 3 am drunk! Taehyung you're a monster! You need to leave."

After Jimin said that, Jungkook and Namjoon got in front of me, crossing their arms. I thanked them in my head for the protection from Taehyung.

"Fine. Be that way. I'll go meet Lisa, and I'll be happy, while you're precious (Y/n) is upset. You three protect her like a child."

Taehyung shoved Jimin out of his way, and when Taehyung came close to me, Jungkook pulled me close into his arms. Taehyung laughed as he walked past Jungkook and I.

"Like I said, protecting her like a child."
"At least I love her!"

Jungkook almost hit Taehyung, but Namjoon held Jungkook's hand. Taehyung got in his car and drove away.

"Jungkook, you have to understand that Taehyung is getting advantage of this situation. Yes he's a pain, but if anything gets physical you'll make the situation worse."
"Sorry, Namjoon."

Jimin turned to me, giving me a worried look. He mouthed to me if I was okay, I nodded yes.

"Thank you guys, for that."
"No problem (Y/n), you're like a sister to me." Jungkook gave me a bunny smile and grabbed the bags I was carrying.

"Let's work on this song."