ninth thing.

"asia, i-"

still not recovering from the shock from her words just seconds ago, chenle blinked his eyes, making sure his vision was clear, and touched his two index fingers.

"i- i do. i like you." chenle breathed. "since a year ago. but being such a coward, i didn't even try to make a move until last week, and i started to borrow your things to talk to you more."

chenle couldn't believe his words were falling off his mouth.

"i am supposed to be the class clown, who is flirty and brave. but in front of you, i'm a coward." the poetic words kept falling out even though chenle sucked at literature.

after finishing his sentence, he heard her chuckle, and her grip on his fingers were tighter.

"so am i a coward too? because i kind of noticed you months ago, but didn't make a move. but you asked for my things, with you being my crush, so i kept letting you borrow them. believe me, there are a hundred pics of you in my phone- wait, did i say that?"

those words were so straight-forward, it made chenle smile like an idiot looking at chunhei's only slightly reddish cheeks, because her tan skin was covering it, despise his heartbeat rumbling inside his chest.

"but don't act like who you aren't, lele. those pick-up lines weren't you."

it hit the awkward boy strongly, which made him open his mouth.

"damn- i know. i asked some seniors for them. but... it didn't make me feel right, like at all." chenle nodded his head, thinking about his cocky expressions earlier.

"just be who you are, lele. that's what makes others like you. well, including me. this sounds so fucking cheesy!"

"so can i borrow your heart, too?"

"chenle, you can own it." asia fixed her glasses.

the two both cracked up from the cheesiness the conversation went out.