2

Chapter II: Guardian
______________________________

Walking around the city, I awe at the sight of the majestic creatures walking past or soaring through the air. The lively music that played in the central made me smile for no apparent reason. Some citizens preforming a folk dance for their own amusement .

"Get thee Gems here! Freshly made! Lovely madam would you like to taste the sweet redstone gems? They just got out the oven!" The cyclops offered tossing the basket of steaming rocks around, Proudly smiling at his batch.

Looking at them I couldn't lie, the smell of them reminded me of the sweet sugar cookies my mother always used to make when I was young. "Come along Mistress. This is no time to be getting sidetracked," Lilion proceeded. Turning my attention back to her, I declined the offer from the market keeper. Scurrying towards her direction.

"This place is really...unreal!" I marveled to her in wonderment. This realm giving me an overwhelming feeling of ecstasy. I could hear different languages as the diversity was over the roof. I was definitely caught in admiration.

"Yes but now let's hurry to the palace. There awaits your ceremonial ritual for becoming our chosen divine," She gleamed. Tilting my head in confusion. I ignored the thought, following her without a care.

Rushing down the roads, we past many interesting things and shops. I almost found myself getting swiped up with a flirty centaur, lucky Lilion helped deal with him. Not much to say now but we made it to the palace and I was rather quite blown away. This place was exactly like the ones you would only see in a princess movie or hear in children stories.

The corridors were long with massive windows letting the sunlight peak through, curtains draping down with their turquoise and golden silk colors, everything screaming nobility and royals. Even the floor seemed to be freshly polished making me easily see my reflection. It was amazing!

"In here," Lilion said entering the door on the side of us. Observing her disappear behind the door I followed her in. The room holding a bunch of statues of different beings. They all posed in the same position a weird trinket wrapped around their neck, their outfits rather exquisite.

"Ahh finally Mistress (y/n). I've been expecting you come come. I'm Eros,"

Jumping from the deep voice, I squeaked. Spinning around. My mouth dropping as I stared. 

"Wow you look rather young to be the chosen one," he said standing up, watching I wasn't able to say anything as I was in complete shock at the beast standing in front of me.
The eagle feathered head as his beak was extremely large. His lion formed body, with wings expanding from his back. His large talons clicking on the floor as he walked over. Making me want to run and hide.

"You...You're a griffin..." I uttered. The creature laughing softly. "Aha yes and you're a human, I could smell you from when you entered Uslesa," he joked. Laughing nervously I scratched the back of my neck. Hoping he was joking about that.

"Anyways let the ceremonial ritual commence!" He bellowed.

The lights immediately going out as the doors slammed shut. Shrieking as I wasn't able to see nothing but darkness. I put my hands out feeling around. "What the heck is happening! I barely understand this whole Chosen Divine thing! Don't just expect me to go along with this! I need time to process!" I bawled in panic.