3

Chapter III: Jim and Toby
_____________________________

Gasping I opened my eyes, flinging myself up with my heart pounding greatly. The rhythm unsteady like a drum offbeat. Processing everything slowly, the thoughts of Uslesa and becoming the guardian crossed my mind. The taste of the awful fruit and the feeling of unbearable pain breech my memories but also the enchanted moments and speck of magic that came in such little time.

Steadily moving I felt something slide down my shirt. The slithering cold sensation making me shiver. Causing goosebumps to spread along my skin, hairs on the back of my neck standing.

Peering down I seen the amulet was around my neck, The maroon marble color now dull. Tilting my head a little, I gripped it. "Guess it wasn't fake-"

"Jimbo did the amulet say anything to you again?"
"No Tobes it just stopped. I'll wait for tonight Once schools out,"
"Oh now that you mention it. Final Bell is about to ring,"

Surprised I tucked my necklace back in my shirt hoping they weren't talking about mine. Uneasiness growing in my stomach. I swallowed the lump stuck in my throat. Building up some courage.

"H..Hello..?" I croaked my voice cracking a little. My lips parched craving something to drink.

Curtains immediately swung open, revealing a tall boy in a blue sweatshirt and another one, short wearing a vest. "Your up! We totally weren't talking about some weird magic amulet... haha" The shorter one cooed nervously. Flinching from his loud voice. My head banged with a extreme headache. Gripping my scalp I winced once more.

"Hey you okay?" The taller one asked looking at me. Giving a pained smile, I nodded. "Yes just a headache... Can you tell me what happened? Why am I in the nurses office?" I observed them both, the taller one raising his finger.

"Well when we came to school we found you unconscious in the hallway. So Toby and I carried you here and been checking up on you between classes to make sure you were okay," he finished. Feeling somewhat touched by their gestures I smiled softly. "Thank you toby I presume and... your name is?"

"The names James lake junior but I go by jim," he responded fast.

"And thank you Jim," I grinned. Assuring them I lifted the blankets off me standing up, taking my first step... Seeming as that was a bad idea. My legs were somewhat numb, my head throbbed with deep discomfort from that one movement, Grimacing I fell forward.

"Woah! I gotcha," jim said as he caught me from falling. Gripping onto to his shoulders I clung onto his sweater, staring down at my legs.

"Ahh thanks again-..." I looked up, pausing it felt as if all the air in my lungs left. Everything around me seeming to blur out. Our faces were rather close while our noses slightly brushed against one another's. Surprised I felt him hitch his breath, my eyes widening in awe-struck. I never even notice how someone's eyes can look so memorizing... the sky blue color practically enticing.

"-Jim..." I finished in a whisper. Perceiving him gulp, He nodded slowly looking away. His cheeks bright pink. Although mine were probably to, but I didn't mind.

He slightly gripped my waist, Pulling me up to stand properly. Letting go of his sweater I backed away, Giving him his personal space.
Silence now spreading between us all as we awkwardly stood there.