Chapter One: False Publications and "New" People

Madelyn's grip around her waist tightens as she continues to try to pull away. On any other occasion she'd lean into her hold, pleased by her touch. Now, not so much. Not when her hold is restricting and keeping her from punching a certain demigod in the face.

"Aurora, no," Madelyn mutters to her in Greek. Her voice is void of any anger, remaining cold and resolute. "Don't do something you'll regret."

"I can assure you that I won't regret anything about this," she replies, her attention on a black haired boy, Hahn, sitting on the bleachers typing away at something on his laptop. "Let go. That slanderous little weasel is going to get what's coming to him."

Without another word said, she's released. The restricting grip of Madelyn's arms gone suddenly, which makes her whirl around to face her with her eyebrows raised. Madelyn doesn't seem to take much attention to it. Her gaze is focused on him, her eyes are narrowed. Though that may be more due to the sun shining in her face than anything else.

"What is the matter with you?" Her anger forgotten as confusion washes over her.

The older girl shrugs, saying nothing as she walks past her, heading straight for Hahn. There's a sudden dark glint in her mahogany colored eyes.

"What are you doing?" she calls after her, a worried knot growing in the pit of her stomach knowing full well what Madelyn is capable of when she's upset. Though despite her own worry she stays put, knowing just as well that it's best not to get in her way. She should tell me what she's doing though. "Madelyn?"

She waves her hand at her, dismissing her questions as she continues her stride over toward Hahn. It doesn't take long before she's standing in front of him, casting a shadow over him albeit, he doesn't look up.

After a few minutes of being ignored in utter silence, she sighs.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't slam this laptop's screen down on your fingers right now."

"I need them to write and type the drafts for the Titan Journal," he replies, not even bothering to spare a glance at her. "Besides, you'd get yourself detention, again. We wouldn't want that now would we?"

She scowls at the patronizing tone of his voice. "Do not test me, Hahn."

"Hey, you stormed up to me."

"Well you see, here's the thing. I thought newspapers were supposed to contain facts and information. While gossip and fabrications of other people were for magazines. So I guess I misinterpreted what the Titan Journal is."

He sighs, his fingers pausing over the keyboard for a brief moment as he finally looks up at her. "What are you talking about, Evans?"

She raises an eyebrow as she crosses her arms over her chest, a frown etched on her face. "The oh so wonderful article you did on Hydra. And the one before on Chimera."

"What about them?"

"I'm sure you know what. You're not that stupid." She huffs when he raises his eyebrows at her in obvious question. "This is the second time that one of your articles managed to piss off one of my friends to the point where they want to punch your face in. All because you decided to say some very offensive and slanderous things about their parents."

He shakes his head. "Maybe you should keep your friends in check."

"No, I think I'll just let them rearrange your pretty face."

"So you think my face is pretty?" he asks, smirking at her.

She puts a hand on the back of the laptop's screen, raising an eyebrow at him. "Is that really all you got out of that?"