Chapter Six: Rumors and Dragons

She paces around the room, her arms crossed stubbornly over her chest as she does so. "I am outraged. Positively outraged," Madelyn says, her tone giving away that she really isn't. This little spout being more so for her to be dramatic than anything else.

She rolls her eyes at her girlfriend's dramatics, watching comfortably from her seat on the bed, "Madelyn."

"I was under the pretense that she was here for me." She sighs continuing her pacing. "A visit is nice, being here full time is also nice. If she weren't a damn professor!" She pauses, turning to look at her. "My mother is now a professor in our Academy."

Aurora nods, reaching a hand out to her. She smiles a bit when she takes it, letting her pull her over until she's sitting between her legs. Even with her back to her, she can still tell that she's pouting. "You're upset because what? She'll keep you in check more often?"

She shakes her head, "It's not just that. She's my mom." She sighs, leaning back on her, turning to look up at her slightly. "I don't like sharing and I sure as hell don't want to share my mother with people who don't even like her because of a false rumor."

Aurora frowns, that thought having briefly crossed her mind. And lo and behold her dramatics were hiding a real issue. She wraps her arms around her gently, pressing a kiss to her shoulder. It only succeeds in making her relax by a small degree, though it is something.

"I'm guessing she was asked to?"

Madelyn nods, turning to face her. "Yeah." She turns over completely, wrapping her legs around Aurora's waist. Her gaze meets hers, something about the soft blue relaxing her a bit more. "She said she didn't care about the rumor, teaching wouldn't be horrible and the store will be run by mama alone until the teaching period is over with."

"Which is in a few months."

"Months that are going to take forever," Madelyn sighs, shoving her face into the crook of her neck.

She shakes her head, trying to keep herself from shivering because of her girlfriend's sudden closeness. "90 days, give or take a few," she manages to reply, wrapping her arms around her tightly. "It'll seem long, but they fly by fairly quickly, babe."

She frowns when Madelyn doesn't move, almost making her believe that she's sleeping except her grip keeps tightening as the seconds tick by. Any relaxation she had earlier is gone, replaced by annoyance and irritation.

Without thinking about it, she presses a gentle kiss to side of her lips, right where it's pulling down into a frown. Its suggestive enough to be an invitation to something more if she wants it, but still gentle enough to be comforting otherwise. With Madelyn it was always an gamble as to which way she wanted to handle her emotions, hitting something or sex.

"Rory," Madelyn mumbles, her voice low and heated.
"Mhm?"

And then her lips are pressed to hers, soft and gentle like the original kiss. Only for it to grow more heated when Madelyn kisses her harder, sitting upright now. One of her hands takes a fistful of her shirt as her other takes hold of her tie and forcefully pulls her closer.

"You sure you want to?" she asks between kisses, her own hands wandering up and under Madelyn's shirt. "Now?"

She nods, pulling away to look at her. "Yes, do you consent?"

Aurora pauses, biting her lip as she looks back at her. Her gaze scanning over her body briefly before she catches sight of the time. 2:35. "We have twenty minutes."

Madelyn smirks and lays her back. "You know I can do a fair deal in twenty minutes."

She smirks back at her. "Yeah, show me then." She pulls her down, her lips meeting hers again, her hands tangle into Madelyn's hair as she works on getting rid of her shirt.