Chapter Two: Chaotic and Orderly

It's barely been a minute since the group was split away from each other, which put Aurora with Leigh Anne and the girl from San Francisco, Tori, while Dakota took both boys. Leaving Madelyn with Misty and Elliot, or rather, the killjoy and Elliot.

Misty had no problem expressing her disapproval of the stunt that Madelyn had pulled with Orion the instant they were away from him. All of which managed to ruin Madelyn's good mood and irritate her to the point that she decided to tune out everything she was saying. Meanwhile Elliot's busy taking in the Academy as they walk, trailing behind the girls as she grows more and more intrigued the further in they go. She's completely lost to her own world, leaving her absolutely oblivious to the one sided conversation going on in front of her.

Finally realizing that her words are only going in one ear and out the other, Misty sighs, frowning at her. "Just answer me this, was it really necessary to do that?"

Madelyn raises an eyebrow at her, her lips pulling into the irritating smirk she knows all too well. "When have you ever known me to do anything out of necessity?"

"Madelyn."

"He was being annoying and I figured it'd be amusing, which it was." She pauses briefly then says, "At least it was to me."

"It was funny," Elliot chimes in, finally breaking out of her little stupor to look over at Misty. "He jumped away from her like she was going to bite him."

Might have, Madelyn thinks, smirking at the thought.

Misty bites her lip, knowing full well that it was funny but that it still shouldn't have happened. "It was a little," she relents, though quickly adds, "You shouldn't have done that though."

"Would you rather I have blown a little fire at him instead?" Madelyn asks, her tone nothing more than curious. "Because it was obvious that telling him that I'm the daughter of Medusa wasn't enough so-"

"No," Misty replies instantly, cutting off whatever she was going to say next. A small shudder runs through her as she imagines it. Madelyn blowing a little fire and Orion catching in flames because he wasn't prepared for it. "No."

She sighs, putting her hands behind her head, "You are such a killjoy."

"Seriously?"

Madelyn nods, strands of her hair getting in her face. "Yeah, happy go bye-bye." She pauses to tuck the hairs behind her ear before continuing, "You follow the rules and always try to shut down anyone who tries to do something fun. You, Misty Klein, are a killjoy."

She rolls her eyes, "Sorry for trying to keep you alive. You're always managing to get yourself into some kind of trouble that can very much kill you. You, Madelyn Evans, are a troublemaker."

"Ooh, troublemaker, how horrible," Madelyn shrugs. "If it is in any way, shape or form fun or amusing, I'll do it. Besides, I don't need babysitter, I can handle myself."

"Sure doesn't seem like it sometimes."

A low, irritated growl erupts from the girl's throat, easily bringing Elliot's attention to the fact that the conversation will go south. A few choice words will be exchanged though neither one of them will mean what they'll say and it'll all end horribly.

"Oh jeez, can you two get over yourselves?" she asks, catching both of their attentions before either of them could have said anything else to the other. "You both are so... so..." She frowns, growing exasperated, "Ugh, what's the word?"

"Bullheaded?" Madelyn offers, her irritation disappearing for the moment.

"That," Elliot agrees with a nod. "You both are so bullheaded. Did you happen to think at all that that's what makes you work?"